Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

belkin usb wireless adapter

by darrylfernandes / May 13, 2006 4:40 AM PDT

please can you n e 1 help i have the belkin 802.11g usb adapter model number F5D7050 i have lost the driver disk and i have tried belkins website driver and ralink driver but none work wot so ever does n e 1 know wot i should do?

Sad please help Sad

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: belkin usb wireless adapter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: belkin usb wireless adapter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
some troubleshooting
by linkit / May 13, 2006 5:41 AM PDT

Similar Belkin product numbers; confirm that you downloaded the correct driver:
F5D7050
F5D7050_v2
F5D7050_v3

Computer make & model?
Operating System?
Router/WAP model number?

Download and install latest router or WAP firmware if using a such.

If using Windows XP, is it fully updated?

Scan for viruses and spyware. Then download (at another computer) WinsockXPFix.exe and install on the troublesome computer.

Results?

Collapse -
some troubleshooting (clarification)
by linkit / May 13, 2006 5:43 AM PDT
In reply to: some troubleshooting

"Then download (at another computer) WinsockXPFix.exe and install on the troublesome computer."

Should be:
Then download (at another computer) WinsockXPFix.exe and run it on the troublesome computer.

Collapse -
no
by darrylfernandes / May 13, 2006 6:35 AM PDT

can n e 1 send me a link to down load this please coz i cannot find no other apart from the v.1.o version from the belkin website and does not work please n e 1 ne links would be better

Collapse -
certainty?
by linkit / May 13, 2006 8:00 AM PDT
In reply to: no

Why are you so certain that it is a driver problem?

Why would a company other than Belkin have a better driver than Belkin does?

Hint: If you answer the questions in my first post, maybe someone can help you.

Collapse -
yes
by darrylfernandes / May 14, 2006 3:50 AM PDT
In reply to: certainty?

I HAVE DONE WHAT YOU SAID FROM THE FIRST ANSWER AND IM STILL GETTING A ! MARK ON THE DEVICE MANAGERS. THE REASON WHY BELKINS ONE DOES NOT WORK IS COZ I HAD THIS PROBLEM LAST YEAR AND SOME HOW FOUND ANOTHER DRIVER THAT WAS COMPATIBLE WHICH WORKED BUT UNFORTANETLY I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM THIS YEAR AND CANNOT FIND THE DRIVER AGAIN. Sad

Collapse -
try driver only
by linkit / May 15, 2006 9:56 AM PDT
In reply to: yes

It is often the case that the driver works, but the wireless connection utility bundled with the driver installation program can cause these problems. I have seen this with many wireless adapter makers, not just Belkin.

The trick is to have the driver installed without the rest of the troublesome junk. At that point, you can use Windows built-in connection utility to make the wireless connection.

If the driver is in a folder on CD or a downloaded folder, you can instruct windows to search that location for the driver and install it. DON'T RUN THE DRIVER INSTALLATION PROGRAM IF THERE IS ONE.

If the driver is only seen after running the driver installation program, then follow these instructions (snoopdizzle 2005-12-13):
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15013267?hilite=f5d7050

Collapse -
no
by darrylfernandes / May 18, 2006 7:55 AM PDT
In reply to: try driver only

not working mate and product aint even faulty dam drivers.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

GREAT SHOWS WITHOUT CABLE

Get live TV over the internet

Say goodbye to cable -- check out the top five live TV streaming services available now.