General discussion

belkin pre n ROUTER - VONAGE linksys rt31p2-vd

I HAVE A BELKIN PRE N ROUTER AND AM TRYING TO GET A VONAGE PHONE HOOKED UP TO IT, THE SENT ME A LINKSYS ROUTER WITH 2 PHONE PORTS. NOW IT SAYS ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PLUG IT IN BEFORE MY ROUTER AND IM READY TO GO. BUT IT'S NOT WORKING. I HAVE THE ETHERNET CABLE ROM MY MODEM GOING INTO THE LINK THEN THE ETHERNET 1 GOING OUT TO MY BELKIN. I'VE CHANGED THE CONNECTIONS BUT I CAN GET EITHER ON THE PHONE OR ON THE COMPUTER WITH MY WIRELESS LAPTOP. SO MY QUESTION IS "IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET THIS SETUP TO WORK WITH TWO ROUTERS." ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: belkin pre n ROUTER - VONAGE linksys rt31p2-vd
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: belkin pre n ROUTER - VONAGE linksys rt31p2-vd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
How I got it to work. Dlink DI-604 and Linksys rt31p2-vd

I just got mine as well. I was going to (and still hope to) replace my dlink 4 port router with the new linksys rt31p2-vd. I shut everything down. Hooked it up to my cable modem. I can access the router from my computer, set it up to obtain IP automatically, but it would not get an IP address from my cable provider, no matter how many times I rebooted, modem, router ect. I plugged my dlink back in and had internet access again. I then jacked the linksys internet port into the dlink router and voila! The linksys got an IP address from the dlink, it connected to the internet and the phone works fine. So you can try that. My question is, why can't I replace my dlink router with this Linksys router?

- Collapse -
Figured out how to replace DI-604 with RT31P2-VD

I replaced my dlink with the linksys by cloning the mac address of the dlink onto the linksys. It then had no problem getting an IP address from my cable provider. Is this a security thing from my providers end?

CNET Forums

Forum Info