Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Belarc Advisor/Windows Updates

by eddie11013 / April 7, 2006 2:49 AM PDT

What if you ran Belarc and it stated that KB900725 needed to be reinstalled. You checked Control Panel/Add & Remove Programs/clicked show updates and found this "KB" installed with a note that said it could not be removed. You went to windows update and it said that you did not have any updates to install. You used Google and found it and reinstalled it anyway and rebooted and ran Belarc and it "still" said you needed to reinstall this KB. Would you ignore Belarc or what? Windows XP Pro, SP2, Dell Dimension 2350, 1GHz, 1GB, cable modem.
Thanks for any advice.
Eddie
(MS05-049: Vulnerabilities in the Windows shell could allow for remote code execution
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 900725
Last Review : October 11, 2005
Revision : 1.0
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS05-049. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit the following Microsoft Web sites.)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Belarc Advisor/Windows Updates
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Belarc Advisor/Windows Updates
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Eddie
by tomron / April 7, 2006 6:40 AM PDT

Install MSBA which will show you all the pertinent info regarding your updates.

Tom

Collapse -
Thanks, Tom
by eddie11013 / April 7, 2006 7:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Eddie

I installed that program and it said everything was fine, BUT, LOL,it stated that my "computer is not running a Windows OS"!!! Duh? Windows XP Pro "not" a windows Operating System? At least I got a "second opinion", that all updates are installed. Oh well, I guess I'll just go on with my life and not worry about this issue any more! LOL
Thanks again, Tom
Eddie

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Your welcome,thanx for posting back
by tomron / April 7, 2006 7:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks, Tom
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good advice on that one Tom :)
by roddy32 / April 7, 2006 7:30 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I luck out sometimes LOL
by tomron / April 7, 2006 7:35 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) :)
by roddy32 / April 7, 2006 8:53 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.