Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Beginning to hate the bushes and expecially taxus

by Steven Haninger / June 4, 2006 8:05 AM PDT

Of course this might sound political but it's not ...just doing yardwark...pruning my neighbors stupidly overgrown wild honeysuckle and trimming my yews. Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Beginning to hate the bushes and expecially taxus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Beginning to hate the bushes and expecially taxus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) much better approach. thanks
by WOODS-HICK / June 4, 2006 8:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
Yew said it!
by Angeline Booher / June 4, 2006 8:46 AM PDT

I get tired of their taking over everything!

They start show themselves just a little bit at a time, and I think, "How nice!" , but before you know it, they've twined themselves and dare you to remove them!

Not being one to hedge, I did a number on my privet a couple of weeks ago while the weather was cool. But now I'm being bamboozled by bamboo! That's how it goes. Get rid of one weed, and another takes it's place. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Bamboo is the worst!
by Evie / June 4, 2006 8:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Yew said it!

My folk's neighbors planted it and it has sent runners 8-10' into my folks yard which means into my Mom's garden!

Spent most of the day between drizzles tackling the mugwort in my flower gardens. It took over last summer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sad

Evie Happy

Collapse -
What about yucca?
by Bill Osler / June 4, 2006 11:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Bamboo is the worst!

Yucca doesn't spread as fast as some of those other plants, but it can be really tough to eradicate.

And then there's Kudzu.

Collapse -
I've heard that ...
by Evie / June 4, 2006 11:15 AM PDT
In reply to: What about yucca?

... right now I'm dealing with the mugwort. It got transplanted out here from a "gift" of plants from Mom. If only I had realized early on, I would have kept on top of it. Today I basically eradicated everything from the garden except a few perennials. I plan to plant a few large annuals and ultramulch the area. Hopefully that will make this manageable. I have no delusions of ever getting rid of the crap Sad Also got some Queen Anne's lace but that's confined to a bed that was mostly a rock bed under some trees and lilacs. Man that mugwort has quite the tangly web of roots Sad

Evie Happy

Collapse -
I'll take your yucca and give you my Queen Ann's Lace
by Steven Haninger / June 4, 2006 11:19 AM PDT
In reply to: What about yucca?

If the yucca is slow growing, that fit's my slow moving style. Queen Ann's Lace (I believe sometimes called "wild carrot") just moves way to fast for my pace. Happy

Collapse -
you are making my day rosy
by WOODS-HICK / June 4, 2006 9:00 AM PDT

and sweet smelling. the wild roses are starting to open and the heavy dampness from recent rain keeps their scent lingering that much longer. with all the wind and water the ground is too wet to work, so today is picking up the woods day. adding to the several brush piles I keep for wildlife. they say it won't rain again for at least 15 minutes, so it's back outdoors and wonder what that yellow ball in the west is. thanks again for the fresh air. and I hope your day continues to be oakie-doakie

Collapse -
I've been shearing back her honeysuckle for years
by Steven Haninger / June 4, 2006 9:58 AM PDT

It's behind her fence and grows over a sidewalk making it difficult for folks who walk between the sidewalk and busy roadway. What needs to happen is for these monsters to be removed but I doubt she'll do so as long as I give her free pruning service and no one complains. I cut them back about twice a year but, in the background, I swear I hear the music from ''The Sorcerer's Apprentice'' and see Mickey Mouse chopping up the brooms carrying the water pails...if you remember how that one goes. Happy

Collapse -
Steven, this isn't nice but..............
by Glenda / June 4, 2006 3:33 PM PDT

you could buy a nice big bag of rock salt and put on it like I did when my neighbor planted oleanders on my fence line! After I told her I was allergic to the darn things and that they would tear up my fence!! Which they did! Pulled one of the fence posts right out of the ground!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Cute
by EdH / June 4, 2006 10:15 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.