Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Beginner Questions need help asap

by parker7d7 / February 21, 2015 11:13 AM PST

Just had a few questions I had as a beginner and someone who is hoping to become well versed as an app developer

1) How should I begin my "journey" -in short--I know its a very general question but all answers given is appreciated

2) Are there any books, videos, interactive websites you would suggest to aid me in the learning process?

3) How do I make the transitition frmo beginner-to intermediate-to professional? Through constant practice that will be learned from doing--or from from constant learning that will be attained through reading,videos etc?---is there a "best" way that worked for you that you would suggest?

Thanks for all answers

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Beginner Questions need help asap
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Beginner Questions need help asap
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
As to item, so much today it's about enough time to watch
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2015 10:58 PM PST

Item 2 is all about getting on the web and refining your search phrases. You could start with How to learn Android programming.

Mind you would have to have some, in fact any programming background. I've seen a few blow up right there.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: beginner - intermediate - professional
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 23, 2015 11:31 PM PST

I see about 40% of my IT students reaching the status of 'beginning professional' (getting a function as 'junior engineer' or such) after 4 years of studying at the university. The other 60% fail before that time.

Kees

Collapse -
Right on right on.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2015 11:42 PM PST

I'm sure you are seeing a few that think all this can be condensed into a 2 week course.

May I add you never stop learning.
Bob

Collapse -
And there's this to contend with as well.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / February 24, 2015 12:36 AM PST
In reply to: Right on right on.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.