PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Beep beep beep beep Giga-Byte Motherboard

Just put together a AMD 2000+ system with a Giga-Byte
GA-7VKMP motherboard, as soon as I power it up I get a fast beep beep beep which doesnt stop(so much for beep codes)havent let it go more than 8 or 10 before it shut it down.... any Ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Beep beep beep beep Giga-Byte Motherboard
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Beep beep beep beep Giga-Byte Motherboard
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Beep beep beep beep Giga-Byte Motherboard

In reply to: Beep beep beep beep Giga-Byte Motherboard

Collapse -

Recheck your work, don't take anything for granted. Assure that all connections and cards, etc are fully seated and properly ordinated. Review the bios area and enable or disable as required, you may want to restart at defaults or select "safe" setting to get a basic config and proceed from taht point. Usually a multiple beep is a video(guessing) problem but the sequence is the key to determine that for it could be elsewhere. Otherwise, be sure the power supply is OK set at 115V.

good luck -----Willy Happy

Collapse -

Thanks for the help! I have disconnected everthing used onboard video, then tried agp card,I get video with both but beeps also,
what I'm worried about is letting it run to long if its some kind of overheating issue, although I have proper heatsink and fan and thermal paste.was using this MB in a different case with no problem but I cleand off chip and reapplied paste and heatsink and btw its not a hi low beep just continuous fast beep.thanks for the help!

Collapse -
The new case issue.

In reply to: Re: Beep beep beep beep Giga-Byte Motherboard

Too often I read this and there is an extra metal post shorting out on the backside of the motherboard.

Easy to test. Remove the motherboard and place on cardboard with PSU/other parts and see if it still beep-beeps.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: The new case issue.

In reply to: The new case issue.

good Idea its worth a try. thanks

Collapse -

Also have tried diff memory sticks with no help, maybe its just time for a new motherboard thanks

Collapse -
Step 1: Set System Jumper (JP1)? Fan Fail Warning?

Hi, just installed are similar Gigabyte Mobo - 1st step was removing the JP1 jumper so that the mobo was set to auto FSB and not locked to 100MHz.

Not sure whether incorrect FSB would cause beeping but it would certainly be worth a check.

Are your fans all working and do you have CPU and System Fan fail warning set to enable or disable in your BIOS. If you don't have a system fan plugged into sytem fan plug SYS_FAN but powered from power supply then having the warning enabled in BIOS may cause a alarm as if failed.

Cheers
Angela

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.