Download.com Site Feedback forum

General discussion

Been waiting for a response since Jul 29

by InformationActive / August 12, 2010 9:11 AM PDT

I upgraded my listing to premium but nothing has happened beyond a new listing being added to my account and marked as a basic listing with pending status. My original listing is still there as well.

My intent was to upgrade my original listing to premium and to also update / modify it to reflect that I am now shipping a new version.

I have submitted 2 questions (same thread) on the email support form and I have checked the history and there is no response from the folks at cnet.

My case number is 100729-000182.

Could you please pass this along?

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Been waiting for a response since Jul 29
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Been waiting for a response since Jul 29
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I've passed this along to the Upload.com team.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / August 13, 2010 7:17 AM PDT

Hopefully you'll hear from them shortly.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
It was a billing related problem
by InformationActive / August 15, 2010 8:13 PM PDT

Thanks!

I finally received a response:

Thank you for contacting CNET Upload.com. According to our records, both payments failed due to the following reason: Vendor Rejection Code 102:One or more fields in the request contains invalid data. We advise you to contact your bank for details.

I responded with the following but fear that if I continue to have problems, it will take between 2 - 3 weeks to get an answer.

Thanks for your response.

It would be helpful if your system reported that fact. It indicated that all was well. No error messages were generated and all indication was that the transaction succeeded. The listing was marked as pending.

I also made a PPD bid. Now I'm not sure if that is going to work.

Having to wait over 2 weeks for an answer to a billing problem is frustrating. I ended up having to ask someone on the CNET forums how to get my questions answered.

I will try again after checking with my bank. I hope that if the transaction is rejected, CNET will report this to me instead of giving me the impression that the payment went through.

Collapse -
Great! Let me know if they don't respond.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / August 16, 2010 1:36 AM PDT

Take care,

-Lee

Collapse -
Still having problems one month later. Am no further ahead a
by InformationActive / August 26, 2010 11:54 AM PDT

Everything I do at this site ends up with some sort of failure. Like the failure to post a detailed plea for help I just experienced after spending the better part of an hour carefully documenting the he** I have gone through trying to upgrade to a basic (and premium listing). One month has passed and many hours of my time have been spent getting nowhere.

I just pressed Submit and I was dumped back to the list of forums page. I'll submit this and if it works I'll try again but I would have to say that someone doesn't want me to be able to use your service.

Collapse -
I am in a loop from HE**

LOOP:

Fill out product upgrade form and provide CC details
CNET accepts CC transaction and reports all is OK
Nothing happens to my listing
After 3 days, contact CNET help
CNET help respond: CC declined, please contact your bank
Contact bank and verify CC is OK

goto LOOP

Other problems:

When you click CHECKOUT on the upgrade listing page, in IE8 you get a page that is displayed without its CSS. This is confusing as the page is rendered in a confusing manner.

Same page displays fine in FF 3.6.

Lots of Internal Server Errors (classic Apache message, black text on white background) when you login with the CORRECT password. Loggin in with the incorrect password takes you to a CSS less page. After restarting the browser, login cookie is there however. This is completely confusing.

Also need help cancelling my PPD. Since I was unable to upgrade my listing I no longer want to participate in the PPD for September.

Hoping someone can help. Have being trying to send money CNET's way for a month now.

Collapse -
I apologize for all the difficulties and issue you are...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / August 27, 2010 1:04 AM PDT

having.

I've forwarded this thread to the appropriate party.

Hopefully they will be able to resolve your issues in a timely manner.

Again we do apologize for the issues you are having.

Best regards,
-Lee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?