The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Beatles and Steve Martin

by Beowulfie / March 10, 2008 11:23 AM PDT

Hey Tom, the Beatles album you were thinking of with Steve Martin was actually the soundtrack to Sargent Pepper... with the BeeGees and Peter Frampton.

Brenda T.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Beatles and Steve Martin
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Beatles and Steve Martin
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sgt. Pepper Movie
by TrishMvhl / March 11, 2008 5:59 AM PDT

Yep, Brenda's right. Tom wasn't really wrong, but he didn't specify it was the Sgt. Pepper *movie soundtrack*. The BEST bad movie of all time!
(and yes, I admit I have the DVD)

Collapse -
by PressAnyKey / March 11, 2008 6:04 AM PDT

I'm not for censorship... but for this movie I'd make an exception.... BEYOND BAD!!!

Collapse -
Some good covers
by FredAgain / March 11, 2008 9:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Ugh

It did have some good covers though. e.g. Aerosmith-Come Together

Collapse -
Evil Aerosmith
by TrishMvhl / March 11, 2008 1:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Some good covers

Yes, and Aerosmith made deliciously creepy villains in the movie. Seeing Steven Tyler beat up Frampton.... heh heh heh.

Okay I'll shut up now.

Collapse -
Cool then Cheesy Now
by jimgleeson / March 11, 2008 2:46 PM PDT

I bet I am one of the many that sent an email in. I listened to the comment Tom made and it was in reference to the cover versions of Beatles songs and mentioning an album that came out in the Seventies with Steve Martin singing it. I call it a case of jumping the gun in the well actuallys.

I saw this movie a couple times in high school and liked it then not so much the visuals, but the music.

Collapse -
Well actually
by FredAgain / March 15, 2008 9:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Cool then Cheesy Now

Well actually, "Mother Superior jumped the gun" Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?