Samsung forum

General discussion

bdp-3600 that cannot read disc

by planenut / January 10, 2010 9:42 AM PST

I have a bdp-3600 and went to use it and all it says that it cannot read disc,even when there is none in it,it says the same thing and opens the tray.I know its not the blu ray disc because it worked in it a few days ago.I usad it 32 times now it does nothing but say cannot read disc,had it a hole maybe 2 weeks,here we go,I no disc will work.Also to save time I did unplug it and reinstalled the plug.I also have not done any updates cause I don't want to turn it into a brick.Any help would be great

Jon

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: bdp-3600 that cannot read disc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: bdp-3600 that cannot read disc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by planenut / January 11, 2010 7:10 AM PST

correction is that I only used it 2-3 times, not 32 times

jon

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 12, 2010 9:29 AM PST

planenut,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your unit.

Try turning the unit on and holding down the FF>> button for 12-15 seconds until the unit resets itself. If you're able to reset the unit, it may be as simple as that.

Otherwise, you may try installing a firmware update using the CD or thumbdrive method to see if that solves the issue. If not, the unit may require service.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by planenut / January 12, 2010 12:40 PM PST

Hi Hd tech

I had called samsung tonight about this,Not to sound mean but what piece of paper do they read from.When I explaned what was going on with the player they just didn't understand.The first lady I talked to said to me they didn't make that model,she put me on hold for a bit and for me to look at the model # again,I then said we have a problem since it is a samsung product.Then after the go around a few times the switch me to a tech level something,and we went around again,what they wouldn't under staind was it would even look for a disc when there was none in it,and they would say to me is to remove the disc(there was none in it)after a while I think I got threw to them.They also told me about the reset but it wouldn't go and would always eject the tray and then the message would say cannot play disc(nothing is in the tray).thats where we are at(And I was worried about doing the update).It wil go out tomarrow and hope for the best.

Fyi the drive is always looking for a disc,you can here the drive looking for it.The other thing its not the disc because I just played those disc a few days ago.

Thanks for replying back to me and your help
Jon

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.