Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

BD3252 MKV Stops Streaming!

by IamMetaBol / January 12, 2010 11:08 AM PST

This is unacceptable. I have not been able to watch more than an hour and 14 minutes. At or about that time the MKV stops and the next file begins all by itself.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have the latest firmware (HTB 3250_USC_1001.5) and I have tried many movies. None have made it past the 74 minute mark. I've had no other issues regarding the network other than that I have to manually connect, which is no big deal because it retains the ip address, folder, name and password.

Has anyone had success watching a streamed MKV for over 74 minutes?

Thank you for any guidance you suggest.

- Met

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD3252 MKV Stops Streaming!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD3252 MKV Stops Streaming!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BD3252 MKV Stops Streaming!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 13, 2010 6:27 AM PST

IamMetaBol,

What resolution, audio codec and video codec are you using, and are all your mkv files encoded the same way?

--HDTech

Collapse -
bd3252 stops streaming reply
by IamMetaBol / January 13, 2010 6:52 AM PST

1280x720 H.264/AC3 - But I've tried a few.

This happens regardless of the codecs. The movies play fine. Quite well actually. They just stop at about an hour and fifteen minutes and the next file begins.

I've tried files I've received from others as well.

I'm going to try splitting the MKV and naming them in sequence to see if I can at least watch a two hour movie. It's not how this should be but at least it might be a workaround.

Collapse -
Lets try this anopther way
by IamMetaBol / January 16, 2010 11:40 PM PST

Anthony, maybe you can provide me with the settings I should use to covert my video to MKV so that it will stream properly to the HT.

I use MKVToolnix.

By the way, I bought a 1TB Freeagent Extreme drive, put copies of all my MKV's on it and plugged it into the front USB on the HT. They ALL play through perfectly and I can control the FF and RW. Even though this solution works, I would rather not have to transfer files to the external drive.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Streaming on the BD3252??
by warrenbbs / January 13, 2010 9:35 AM PST

Out of interest, how do you get streaming at all on the BD3252? I don't see any option for that anywhere!

Collapse -
How to stream files
by IamMetaBol / January 14, 2010 6:52 AM PST

Select BD without a disk in the player. Then at the screen with Netflix, Blockbuster, YouTube and Pandora on the bottom select menu on the remote. When the next screen appears you should notice the "search network" on the bottom left. You must select the red button (A)on the remote to select. You will then be given an option to auto or manually search for computers on your network. If you have everything set up correctly select auto. The screen should now show you the computers on your network. Select a computer and then the shared drive you have the files in. If you have a login and password you will be prompted for those as well. after you enter this info you will see folders for movies, pictures and music. Select the folder with the file(s) you wish to stream to the TV. You should see the files on the right hand side now. Select file and viola - magic. This sounds complicated (especially my explanation) but rest assured it is pretty easy to do. Now if the movies would only play through the full two hours...

Collapse -
Streaming - thanks
by warrenbbs / January 14, 2010 8:17 AM PST
In reply to: How to stream files

All this time and I'd never even tried that button! It actually has some better features than my TV streaming but I use Twonky server (meaning I can use more formats/resulutions etc), which the player doesn't seem to work with - guess it's not DLNA compatible - so I'll be sticking to using the TV (a UN46B7100) for now.

Good luck trying to get yours to work properly!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!