Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

BD playback skipping with BD-P3600

by NekoFever / July 26, 2009 12:22 AM PDT

I've been having problems with my BD-P3600 skipping, but it seems like two separate issues.

The first only happens at a specific point halfway through the movie, which leads me to suspect that it's to do with a layer change. The picture and sound will freeze for maybe two seconds and then playback will resume about ten seconds later, but if I then rewind beyond the point where it skipped and play it again, it doesn't happen. I've had this happen with two discs: Defiance and Slumdog Millionaire. I forget the exact point in Defiance, but in Slumdog it was right near the beginning of chapter 19.

The other issue has only happened on one disc, Spider-Man 2, but it's more consistent and sounds like issues that I've read about with a couple of other discs. Every few minutes the picture and sound will both freeze for maybe half a second and then continue as normal. It happens a lot and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, but one specific moment where I can remember it happening is in the shot after Peter's party, immediately after he sees the letter of foreclosure and walks across the kitchen. The problem doesn't happen on my PS3, and it happens the same with a friend's copy of Spider-Man 2, so it's definitely the player.

Anyone else having a similar problem? After the issues with audio sync I'm about ready to take this player back and exchange it for a different one.

If it's important my 3600 is a UK region B model, and it's running through an Onkyo TX-SR507 receiver to a Panasonic TH42PZ80.

Discussion is locked

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!