Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P4600 "This disk cannot be played" error

I got the BD-P4600 for Christmas last year and have loved it for 9 months up until I recently upgraded the firmware, now it will no longer play Blu Rays. It just ejects them after a few seconds and says "This disk cannot be plsyed". Tried 6 or 7 disks which all played fine before the firmware "upgrade". DVD's still play fine and so does Netflix. Called technical support and got no help other than I have to send it in at my own cost and pay for labor to fix something that their firmware upgrade broke. Was transferred to their "Executive" Customer Relations Dept. which was absolutely no help either, telling me sorry but you have to pay the labor charge to fix something our firmware update broke. Also told there is no way to reset the firmware back to it's original state without sending it in for service. I own two large screen Samsung TV's, a Home Theatre, Computer monitor and bought a Samsung TV for my parents but this will be the last product I buy from them. As they say, you find out what a company is worth when you need service from them and Samsung has failed me when I needed it. Transaction # 4007289067

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P4600 "This disk cannot be played" error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P4600 "This disk cannot be played" error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Firmware version?

In reply to: BD-P4600 "This disk cannot be played" error

What firmware version do you have?

If you do not have 2.12 try downloading the .iso to a computer and burning it to a CD.

Then turn on the blu ray player and insert the CD you just burned.

The update took quite a while before it gave me the messaging asking if I wanted to update the firmware so don't be tempted to turn the player off and back on.

See if this fixes your problem.

Collapse -
Firmware version

In reply to: Firmware version?

I have the latest firmware version - that is the message I received when I tried to update it and updating the firmware is what killed it in the first place. Samsung also stated it could not be rolled back - therefore I am stuck having to pay for the repairs.

Collapse -
Just checking.

In reply to: Firmware version

Doesn't this have a 1 year warranty?

Collapse -
Only on parts

In reply to: Just checking.

Only on parts, not labor (3 month only warranty) or shipping which is why I am so ticked. You download an update, it breaks the device and then you have to send it in at your own cost plus labor to get it fixed.

Collapse -
Ouch.

In reply to: Only on parts

But there is a problem that remains unsolved. Sometimes an unit is broken around the time of the update so it's unsure if that was the cause.

This is why in some models they let you go back a version.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!