Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P3600 tv doesn't recognize player - stuck in "LOAD"

by nightfox-nyc / December 27, 2009 9:42 AM PST

I purchased the blu-ray a couple of months ago (8/09). Finally just got around to hooking it up (12/17). I also bought a new samsung series 6 tv. Everything was working perfectly and looked amazing! Then...NOTHING....

When I set the system up last week, it automatically saw that the firmware needed updating so I did.I was watching movies via netflix and blockbuster without any issues. YouTube and Pandora were fine. My own bluRay disks were playing with any issues.

This morning I ejected the disk out and wanted to listen to pandora and now the blu-ray just says "LOAD" and the tv can't "connect" to the blu-ray. When I have the tv on blu-ray it's all pixelated or static.

When the blu-ray is on, I only get "ON" OFF" or LOAD on the front of the players panel. I switched out HDMI cables, powered everything off and restarted and still it's not connecting. I downloaded the firmware to a CD - thinking maybe I can just re-load that but the player doesn't even recognize that a disk has been inserted. It's like it died.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P3600 tv doesn't recognize player - stuck in "LOAD"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P3600 tv doesn't recognize player - stuck in "LOAD"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
yep
by mik896 / December 27, 2009 11:02 PM PST

I've had the same problem with my 3600. I will be sending it into samsung within the next couple days. If you search through these forums you will find a ton of threads with the exact same problem as you describe. Its a defect with the player, and we will have to pay for the labor to fix it. Isnt that GREAT customer service!!! You can get a new 3600 for $199. How much do you think it will cost to ship, fix and return ship this thing? Samsung is not worth the hassle.

Collapse -
Correct!
by slinkeey / December 28, 2009 3:37 AM PST
In reply to: yep

I hate to say it, but Mike is right. You are SOL. You are better off seeing if the retailer will take it back. If not, contact your credit card company.

Samsung's Service center, CVE inc, has had my player for over a month now waiting for parts.

Collapse -
Not my week
by nightfox-nyc / December 28, 2009 3:48 AM PST
In reply to: Correct!

Maybe I will contact american express. That's how I paid for it. Woke up this morning and someone stole my scooter. This is just NOT my week!

Collapse -
Sorry Dude!!
by slinkeey / December 28, 2009 8:34 AM PST
In reply to: Not my week

EEK!
Rough Week man!

American Express should be able to handle this better.. I wouldn't trust Samsung if I were you.

Collapse -
best buy
by nightfox-nyc / December 28, 2009 9:36 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry Dude!!

do you think i should try to return it to best buy? It's past the warranty - by 6 weeks!!! I have been reading forums for days and HAVE noticed this being a problem with no resolution. I just can't believe it - i dropped over $3000 between the new tv and player. Why haven't they addressed this issue? Seems like a major *F* up....

maureen

Collapse -
Hmmm
by slinkeey / December 28, 2009 10:25 AM PST
In reply to: best buy

You had it less than a year.. It is still under warranty.

Honestly, I would see if Best Buy would take it back. I doubt you will have any luck working with Samsung.

Collapse -
Sorry
by slinkeey / December 28, 2009 10:26 AM PST

Sorry for calling you dude... My bad...

Collapse -
I Hear You
by slinkeey / December 28, 2009 10:32 AM PST

I realize that things happen. Once in awhile you get a defect. It is what it is. No one is perfect.

The thing that troubles me is the fact that Samsung has had mine for over a month now with no resolution in the near future.

Collapse -
Samsung ???
by shuLeon / November 14, 2010 6:42 AM PST
In reply to: I Hear You

I will send the player to Samsung service center tomorrow.

If they asked me to pay for the fix, I will ask them to send back to me and I will trash it and then stay away from Samsung in live time.

Seems to me this is clearly Samsung product defect! Of course, does it have the right to do business like this in US??? where can we complain about it, other than just mentioning this in forums??

I only watched a few movies since I owned it, but it has been passed labor warrant period. Will see and keep it update!

Collapse -
Samsung solved!
by shuLeon / March 8, 2011 12:33 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung ???

Here is my long story:
The player stuck in "Lording" mode in last Nov.
The player was sent to Samsung repair center.
I received it back in last Dec. but the player could not play Youtube.
The player was sent to repair center again, they said the player could play YouTube, so they returned it to me again.
It was true the player could play YouTube as they said, but it only played for 2 hours. So I called them again and again!
The player was sent to repair center third times. They said the player could not be repaired any more! So they sent me a brand new BD-C6500 instead as BD-3600 is no longer in production. Unfortunately, the new one could not detect any wireless signal!! Again called n-times and sent it back to Samsung and I received a refurbished one on yesterday (3/7/2011). So far, this one seems working.

Collapse -
Samsung: Pleas fix it!
by su_leon / January 16, 2011 7:05 AM PST
In reply to: I Hear You

My Samsung BD3600 player had shipped to its repair center twice within the last a month. Though they fixed the "can not reset issue", the new issue occurred.
The player no longer can view youtube. You can see the youtube video lists but can not play any of them. The samsung repair person said you should reset time before you can play youtube video. It only worked for a few works, then the player could not view youtube again even you reset the time!

Samsung, why did you make the so tough product for customers?

I will stay away any of samsung products in the future!

Collapse -
Piece of Junk
by ke2nny / February 20, 2011 7:54 AM PST

I have the same problem as you do and I refuse to pay $50 to get it fixed. My days of buying Samsung products are over. If there is a clss action suit I will be the first one to join. I wish I had did more research before buying this junk and read the fine-print in their so-called warranty.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?