Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P3600 Bluray - networking problems........ whats new

by Electrotard / January 12, 2010 4:39 AM PST

Ok I know nothing about networking I want to state that early and make it clear - NOTHING!

I brought the Samsung bluray home pumped to get it hooked up and start streaming w Netflix but have had no success over the past 3 days. I have done some digging on this site but find most people are able to find a signal or a network whereas I am getting nothing at all.

I's set up for wireless use and I am using a linksys wireless G router (model# wrt54g2-v1). When I do an automatic network search I get a message reading "Cannot find a shared PC" but yet I am using my laptop right now on the same network writing this thread.

Again I know nothing about this stuff but wanted to see if anyone who has had this issue can explain to me where to start the troubleshooting process in as many elementary terms as possible. I'm wondering if it would just be easier to return it and get a basic bluray player without the internet capabilities.

PS I am using windows vista as well if that makes a difference.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Discussion is locked

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!