HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P3600 Black Screen of Death

by dsuli / March 31, 2010 4:35 AM PDT

I've had some intermittent problems with my Samsung Blu-Ray player but now it seems to be dead. When trying to load any DVD - Blu Ray or Non I get nothing. When powering on I get the initial background screen then it goes black. The player says it is playing or is on 'menu' but the screen is blank and the TV says "no signal". When I take the disc out and try to go to the main player's screen it goes blank again and the LCD display says "setup".

I'm connecting via HDMI and Optical Audio.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P3600 Black Screen of Death
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P3600 Black Screen of Death
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try...
by tigger000005 / March 31, 2010 5:50 AM PDT

Did you try...

1-Unplugging player for a few minutes...
2-Reseting the player (press and hold FF on the player panel for about 10 secs)...

Collapse -
by dsuli / April 1, 2010 5:02 AM PDT

Thanks. I tried the FF reset and it seemed to work. A non-BR movie started working just fine. I turned the player off, came back an hour later and same problem. After initial splash screen video goes dead but audio still comes through (using optical audio to receiver). No audio from TV.

Collapse -
--
by tigger000005 / April 1, 2010 6:12 AM PDT

You can also try changing settings in the setup menu (for resolution, picture, hdmi etc etc)...see your manual..starting around page 42)

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 1, 2010 9:01 AM PDT

dsuli,

It may be a bad HDMI cable.

It may also be that the resolution is set too high. Are you able to get a picture if you connect using the composite cable? If so, go into your video settings and adjust them and restart the player.

You also might try resetting the player by turning it on, and holding down the FF>> button for 12-15 seconds until it restarts itself. That will bring it back to factory defaults, and may help you.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.