Samsung forum

General discussion

Bd-p2500 firmware

by AkRumman / October 1, 2009 11:57 AM PDT

I am a owner of a Bd-p2500 and a Samsung enthusiast and have been reading how many of the owner of Bd-p2500 want what they can't have. What I would like to see is that Samsung continue to push out firmware updates for their products that are not that old. I can't afford to buy the latest model every year just so my model works. Their is things like Netfix play performance and BD playback capability that need to be updated. If Samsung is going to keep me as a customer than they need to be pushing their support of their product to a higher level. If not, I will be looking at far cheaper products that give me their commitment to keep their firmware and support update instead of have to buy a new model every year just to get something to play or a little better streaming experience.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bd-p2500 firmware
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bd-p2500 firmware
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BD-P2500 firmware
by Jim_Lansing_MI / December 3, 2009 12:22 AM PST
In reply to: Bd-p2500 firmware

They won't post nwew firmware... In fact, they will send out firmware to break playback... My BD-P2500 less than a year old no longer plays blu-ray discs... due to Samsung's poor warranty on labor (only 4 months) they want $90 to unbrick it from one of their automatic downloaded firmware updates... Take my advice and buy another brand... ANY other brand

Collapse -
BD-P2500 firmware
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 6, 2009 6:18 AM PST
In reply to: BD-P2500 firmware

Jim_Lansing_MI,

Do you have a transaction number? If the firmware was the cause, call 800-SAMSUNG, try to get the set repaired. If not, ask for a transaction number and post it here. I'll see what I can do to assist.

--HDTech

Collapse -
BD-P2500 firmware problems
by garylee52 / January 18, 2010 4:27 AM PST

Also having problems with not being able to play bluray discs. They sent update on cd disc, but that did nothing. The latest version is already on there. I have a lan cable connected which also should give the updates automatically. I read a post saying to install earlier version of the firmware, the 1.4. I have put that on USB flash drive and am ready to try that, but just wondering if there is a danger of messing the player up somehow? Any help is appreciated.

Collapse -
Any luck?
by mlbasiliere / December 26, 2009 9:22 AM PST

Jim,

Did you ever get your BD-P2500 working again? I've had the same problem- after 10mo of regular (3-6hr/wk) use with DVD, Blu-Ray and Netflix discs/streams, my player will no longer play any Blu-Ray discs. CDs and DVDs are fine... Looking around the interweb, the problem seems common but I can't find a fix. Thanks,

mb

Collapse -
Same problem
by Ribo79 / February 14, 2010 8:58 AM PST
In reply to: Bd-p2500 firmware

I've just started to experience the same types of problems. I have the most recent firmware update (from July? of 2009). Recently I have had problems with Blu-Ray discs locking up - sometimes at the same spot in a film, sometimes in different spots - and, even more recently, I've started to get a "Disc cannot be played" messages and the Blu-Ray disc is ejected. I'm very frustrated.

I've noticed that this problem - with this Samsung Blu-Ray player and other Samsung players - is showing up on a number of forums. Does anyone have any more news about this situation?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?