HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P1600 BD-P1590 for those duped into updating to 2.09

by imcute88 / July 8, 2010 11:52 AM PDT

I think there's a ground for class action suit here, especially for those that had their unit connected to internet and got it updated automatically making it unable to play titles that used to play.

Call Samsung 1800 number and try to record the conversation, if you're like my friend who were told to pay to fix something that they 'remotely' broke, especially after the warranty time is passed, then register together here. If the number clearly show that the issue with the firmware is prevalent, I believe it will be a clear ground for a class action suit against the company.

The thing is, Samsung could provide a very easy solution to this issue. a Newer firmware that allow the customer to roll back to their previous firmware that work. Which will provide the easiest solution. 'Fix what being broke remotely, remotely.'

But if they choose to try charging people for money, then it can be categorized as a scam and should be a ground for a lawsuit.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P1600 BD-P1590 for those duped into updating to 2.09
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P1600 BD-P1590 for those duped into updating to 2.09
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
which player do you have?
by wwwarrick / July 30, 2010 2:42 PM PDT
In reply to: A fix

your post doesn't mention which model player you fixed... I know this works for the blueray play errors on the bd-p3600, but this will not help us with the COMPLETELY inoperable bd-p1590 with the newest v2.09 firmware.

Collapse -
totally with you
by wwwarrick / July 30, 2010 2:48 PM PDT

I agree! If you also read the warranty in detail... it does not mention anything regarding warranty coverage on firmware. So where does that leave us? Where ever they want us, apparently.

I stand firm that this is not a customer service issue, but instead is an issue of a company not willing to admit to error or help its customer base. They would proudly spend 21 billion on random crap ( http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=398865&tag=forums06;forum-threads ) rather than spend a measly amount to fix a firmware update.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.