Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P1580 network problem while passing the network tests

by BraindamageBE / November 1, 2009 6:23 AM PST

Hi,

my new BluRay is unable to connect to the internet, but it passes al the network tests (the V shows up before the test lines), and after the tests it says that the network doesn't function properly (don't know the english line, my OS is in dutch).

When I enable DHCP it recieves an IP adres from the modem, so the network should work.

I have the latest firmware.

When I connect my laptop to that network cable, it is able to go online.

I read messages here about that the network cable shouldn't be to long, but I guess that that isn't an issue when the BluRay gets an IP adres from the modem.

The firewall from my router is disabled, so that can't be the problem.
Maybe I should do port forwarding? but wich port should be forwarded?
My BluRay doesn't have netflix or pandora and such, it is just for BluRay live and Divx that it needs the network port.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P1580 network problem while passing the network tests
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P1580 network problem while passing the network tests
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: BD-P1580 network problem while passing the network tests
by momodelafeve / November 19, 2009 1:44 AM PST

Hi BraindamageBE,

I've the same problem.
I've tried various titles and all says the same: ensure you're connected to the internet while at the same time, the 4 tests show a v before the test lines. I've removed the phone line and then it says that internet connection is not ready (a cross before the last line)...
Strange isn't it?
I've the same questions as yours: should we forward the port? which one?
If you've found a solution in the meantime, please share as I haven't found that many issues like this one or at least, nobody's talking about it!.

Have you tried Samsung's helpdesk?

Thanks,
M

Collapse -
re
by BraindamageBE / November 19, 2009 7:56 AM PST

hi

it looks like it's a translation error, when I put the OS in english, it says that the network is connected properly.
But still, in blu-ray menu's, when I want to access bluray-live it says "make sure you are connected to the internet" or something like that (haven't tried it in 2 weeks or so)

I didn't contact the helpdesk yet

Collapse -
BD-P1580 network problem while passing the network
by momodelafeve / November 20, 2009 2:23 PM PST
In reply to: re

Thanks for your answer.
If you contact the helpdesk, please let us know.
I'll do it as well and if many people encountering the same issue do the same, they'll probably react.
Regards,
M

Collapse -
BD-P1580 network problem while passing the network
by momodelafeve / November 23, 2009 12:44 AM PST

Hi,
I've contacted the support and the answer I received was: bring back your device to the shop where you bought it. They'll perform some tests. I'm not satisfied with the answer as I bought it in a shop called Media-Markt (popular electronic devices shop in Belgium) and I'm not sure if they will be able to help nor how long it'll last Sad
Please, let me know if you're luckier!

Cheers,
M

Collapse -
re
by BraindamageBE / November 23, 2009 7:31 AM PST

also bought it at mediamarkt, and it's true, the only thing they do is ship it back to the factory :s

Collapse -
same problems
by aztectrev / December 31, 2009 1:26 AM PST

i also have the same problem. tried all sorts to get it working.

I tried turning dhcp off and using manual settings. I tried connecting it through my laptop (with network bridge). I tried placing it in my router's DMZ (which should allow it full port access) and i tried updating firmware.

If i cant fix it within next week i'm taking my back for a different model.

Collapse -
re
by BraindamageBE / January 2, 2010 7:43 AM PST
In reply to: same problems

I was to late for changing it in another model/made. But I brought it back to the mediamarkt and at 31 dec I got the sms that it is ready to be picked up. Now I have to try to get there this week, I think it will be for next saturday.
I hope it wil work, as it seems that it is a problem common to that model

Collapse -
BD-P1580.... succesful?
by momodelafeve / January 8, 2010 4:57 PM PST

Hi Braindamage,

did you have the time to test your player?
Is it working now?
Best regards,
M

Collapse -
taken back
by aztectrev / January 8, 2010 10:44 PM PST

I've given up with my so took it back to the shop I bought it and got a full refund.

Sorry can't help you

Collapse -
re
by BraindamageBE / January 9, 2010 7:15 AM PST

Hey

I got the BluRay back yes.
They replaced the main PCB, the motherboard.

I tested it and it works.
I dutch OS I still got the message that the network doesn't work correctly (at the network test) while it passes al the different tests.
But BluRay live works !!! :-D

But make sure that you have inserted a USB-memorystick in the front of the player while choosing BluRay-live in the disc menu.
For one or another reason you also get the 'please be sure you are connected to the internet" message when there is no memorystick inserted.
offcourse I tested it also with the memorystick inserted before I brought the player back, but its a misleading message ...

So I think its best that you bring the player back. I didn't have to pay for the reparation.

Greetz

Collapse -
Good news....
by momodelafeve / January 9, 2010 3:41 PM PST

Hey, that's good news. I'm pretty sure that media markt is aware now of that issue and they'll probably know how handle it.
How long did it take?

Best regards,

M

Collapse -
re
by BraindamageBE / January 10, 2010 3:50 AM PST
In reply to: Good news....

I didn't really tracked the time, but it was between 10 and 15 days. They've send me an sms when it was ready

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?