Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P1500 won't play DVD's

by jvhitch / October 25, 2008 1:14 PM PDT

I just purchased a BD-P1500 and it will only play Blu-ray disks. When I put in a DVD it doesn't recognize it and says "No Disk". I did the firmware update and it still won't work.
Any suggestions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P1500 won't play DVD's
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P1500 won't play DVD's
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would recommend...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 25, 2008 2:13 PM PDT

I'm not sure why that would happen. I'm assuming there is something wrong with the unit if doesn't recognize a DVD.

I would recommend that you return it to the store you purcahsed it from and see if you can get an exchange.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Same problem
by rmodnar / December 23, 2008 11:11 PM PST
In reply to: I would recommend...

I'm having the same problem with this player. It will play Blu-ray discs fine but will just say "No disc" when a DVD is loaded.

According to their tech I chatted with last night, "We have received a couple of cases on this. We have forwarded it to our engineers and just waiting for their reply."

I'm curious if many others are seeing this. I have the latest firmware loaded and did any other troubleshooting requested by Samsung.

Collapse -
I have same problem as you ...
by isilver / November 4, 2008 7:44 PM PST

I have got the same problem as you, see my post on this forum ... http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6620_102-0.html?forumID=146&threadID=307985 - I can't play lots of DVDs or CDs.

I posted my thread on this forum on 10 September with no luck (thanks anyway Mr. Samsung Wink ) and first reported the issue to Samsung (in Australia) in late September and after numerous phone calls they have refused to do anything about it ... they told me that taking it in for repair can't fix it and that its a firmware issue - they have made me wait over seven weeks without being able to play DVDs and CDs - the new firmware supposedly gets released in Australia by November 7th, but at this stage I feel that only told me that to get me off the phone.

I'm really disgusted with the *customer service* they have provided to me on this issue - if there was anybody to complain to there I would, the customer service agents always say the Manager is in a meeting or not available.

My advice for you would be to take it back to the retailer you purchased it from and swap it for another brand of Blu-Ray player, I hear the Sony BDPS350 is quite a good player in the same price range.

Collapse -
Me, and Many others are having this SAME Problem
by jwgfeb / September 30, 2009 1:56 AM PDT

My BD-P1500 will not play standard DVDs, Only BD DVDs!! After installing the 2.4 firmware upgrade!
I had bought this for my daughter for Christmas and she complained about it. I finally got her to send it back to me and of course it's past the 90 day labor warrenty period! If Samsung has put out a defective piece of equipment, they should have a replacement program, no matter how long we've had it!!
Sony extended their warrenty on my Wide screen TV to 5 years because of a manufactured in problem! Why doesn't Samsung care about their customers?
Sincerely
Dis-satisfied Samsung X-customer!
Joseph W. Gehrke

Collapse -
I have the same issue
by ssaber / January 3, 2010 8:05 AM PST

My player i have to push buttons or turn on or off on some of my older discs open and close door and push menu .

Collapse -
SAMSUNG BDP 1600
by artmcclin / January 19, 2010 2:35 AM PST

I have just discovered that most of my DVD collection will not play on the Samsung 1600/1620 These are discs (DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-R) that have been recorded on several home recorders over the years....PHILIPS/LITEON/SONY. After loading a disc, with recordings made on a Philips home DVD recorder, the Samsung cannot open the menu properly. The thumbnails show but no lettering. Then the player freezes and no functions will work until you get the offending disc out!
With recordings made on the Liteon recorder, the thumbnails + lettering are there OK on the menu, but the discs still won't play. The Samsung doesn't freeze though!!
With the SONY recordings, the menu can be read and the disc plays fine.
I suppose on my RW Philips & Liteon recordings I could replace the menu with one from the Sony recorder by recording just a few seconds of blank on the Sony. BUT, the Sony records PAL only and many of my discs, with now offending menus, are NTSC!!!
What am I to do? Please help someone..........

Collapse -
Had the same trouble
by ishie151 / February 13, 2010 5:26 AM PST

Changing the display setting down a lower resolution (like 480p) did the trick for me on some (not all!) DVDs. It's too bad you can't do it while a disc is in the player though. What a pain. I won't be buying Samsung players in the future.

Collapse -
I shouldn't have posted this
by ishie151 / February 23, 2010 8:45 AM PST
In reply to: Had the same trouble

Two discs after I did, all DVDs stopped working in my player, and a significant number of Blu-ray discs. No changes to firmware or any settings other than display, either.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?