Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-C5500 will not connect to internet with AirPort Express

by skott100 / May 10, 2010 5:36 PM PDT

I have read through dozens of similar posts about Samsung and Mac products not getting along. I've also contacted Samsung via livechat, only to have the same outcome as so many other have had. They are putting the blame back on my AirPort. I hoping there is a fix that someone can point me towards.

I have wired the connection directly into the Blu-Ray player (not using the wireless LAN) and have had to enter all the IP, Router and DNS info manually. I've tried both the IP displayed in my network settings as well as the IP info from my AirPort Express. When I test the network on the Blu-Ray player, I get green checks for the following:

Mac Address
IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server
Gateway Pink

But the it gets hung up on "Internet Service Test" and I get the following message:

"The HTTP port is disabled. Please check if the HTTP port is blocked by something like the internal firewall program."

So based on my admittedly limited experience with network issues, I'm assuming this means I have to open/enable a port on my AirPort Express. That's what the people at Samsung have said as well, though I got the distinct impression they just want it to be someone else's problem.

So now I'm posting here. Anyone?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-C5500 will not connect to internet with AirPort Express
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-C5500 will not connect to internet with AirPort Express
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I hear you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 11, 2010 2:06 AM PDT

But having solved this too many times with ethernet cables and settings it is usually someone else's problem. To wit I even created a top post in the Cnet Networking forum specifically for Samsung networking.

Then again, I find folk that want it to be Samsung's problem. Ouch.
Bob

Collapse -
I apologize if my frustration came off as rudeness
by skott100 / May 11, 2010 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: I hear you.

What I meant to convey was that I could not solve the problem with the Samsung customer support available to me, and that's why I moved the discussion here. "Someone else's problem" was a poor choice of words, but after a couple hours of no progress, I probably didn't have much of a filter left. Thanks for your response and I will search for your post.

Collapse -
Here's the Cnet Networking forum.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 11, 2010 4:06 AM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!