General discussion

BD-C5500 audio assistance needed....

Today i got a BD-C5500 Blu Ray player. I have a 46 inche series 5 LCD Samsung, I think LN46C530, or something like that. I have an older HT-Q70 home theater system, also Samsung.
I need some help with my setup, because right now I am experiencing some disappointing audio/video lag.
I have not tried it with a blu ray disc yet, only a normal DVD.

I have Optical going from the HT-Q70 receiver to the Blu Ray for audio surround sound. THen I have HDMI from Blu Ray to TV. There is no lag with just the TV volume, but what is the point of watching movies, especially Blu Ray through those speakers?
I adjusted the AV/Sync on the receiver as best I could, but there is still lag.
Is there any way around this? would getting an HDMI splitter help?
or am I stuck with lag?

Thanks for the help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: BD-C5500 audio assistance needed....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: BD-C5500 audio assistance needed....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
BD-C5500 audio assistance needed....

radfro77,

Do you get a lag with the Q70 when you play that same disc?

Lag is difficult to pinpoint when you're running it from a Blu-Ray player to a HT system. I'm not sure if getting a splitter would help.

What happens if you connect via Blu-Ray > HDMI > to Q70 > HDMI > TV?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Re: BD-C5500 audio assistance needed....

thanks for the response.

I do not get lag on the same disc on the Q70 DVD player/receiver.

as far as connecting all HDMI, I don't think i can do that, unless I get an HDMI hub/splitter.

the Q70 has one HDMI out, and the Blu Ray only has one HDMI, so how would I do that? I can only hook either one to one other thing via HDMI. The TV has plenty of HDMI inputs, but the blu ray and DVD player only have one HDMI out each.

IT would seem that the lag is coming from the optical audio going from the Q70 to the Blu Ray...

Thanks again for responding. I appreciate any help I can get.

- Collapse -
Re: BD-C5500 audio assistance needed....

radfro77,

My apologies. I thought there was an HDMI-IN on the rear of the unit, and I'm mistaken.

I'm looking into this.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
HT-BD1250 or HT-C5500XAA

Hey,
another question.
those 2 items (HT-BD1250 and HT-C5500XAA) are both Blu Ray all in one home theaters.
are you familiar with either one?
Cnet gave the 1250 a great review for sound. I have looked at both in Best Buy, but music does not give a great listening option for developing an opinion. does the newer, but cheaper C5500 compare sound wise to the BD1250?

CNET Forums

Forum Info