Laptops forum

General discussion

Battery Power on MacBook Pro or Dell Inspiron 6400

by mike_quesnel / April 7, 2006 2:19 PM PDT

Does anyone know how long the average battery lasts on average usage of the 1.8 or 2.0 MacBook Pro? Average usage would probably be like surfing the web and writing papers and watching online videos and maybe chat a bit, stuff like that, not like hardcore video and photo editing. Also i was looking into the Dell Inspiron 6400 and was wondering if it was any good?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Battery Power on MacBook Pro or Dell Inspiron 6400
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Battery Power on MacBook Pro or Dell Inspiron 6400
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'll tell you soon
by jake1929 / April 7, 2006 2:32 PM PDT

I expecting to receive my Inspiron 6400 that I ordered any day now (no later than Tuesday).

But I think the Inspiron 6400 is a very powerful laptop with good pricing.

Once I check it out, I'll post again to let you know.

Collapse -
It lasts about 500 to 1000 charges or about 1.5 to 2 years.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 7, 2006 11:20 PM PDT

The battery technology and the life of the battery is fairly consistent from laptop maker to maker. The dirty little secret is that with use (not so much if it just sits there on AC power) that over 2 years the number of minutes you get on a full charge changes as it ages. It is not a straight line of say 3 hours when new to 15 minutes in 3 years but can be a curve or other trajectory.

They don't tell you this in the showroom and none have produced a chart about battery "life." If you do use battery power a lot, be prepared to replace the battery after year 2 so you get back to the hours of runtime when new.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.