General discussion

Basic MP3 player with in-built speaker?

Hi all,
My grandfather likes listening to songs but he hates using earphones. I am looking for a MP3 player with just basic play and stop functions and probably 1 GB of memory with in-built speakers. Does anyone know if MP3 players with in-built speakers are available anywhere? If not MP3, even a CD player with in-built speakers would do. I think cassette (tape) players are obsolete now but if someone knows if they are still being made and sold (with in-built speakers), please do let me know.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Basic MP3 player with in-built speaker?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Basic MP3 player with in-built speaker?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Most mp3 speakers are lousy.

Is this for mobility or stationary? If just for music listening then I probably get a ducking station for the mp3. Just like mp3 they come in all price ranges.

I might comment on the 1G. memory...is not very much, unless this mp3 has a cartridge memory slot.

- Collapse -
Stationery

Its for stationary use only. And I doubt he will want more than about 50 songs to listen to at a given point of time. That is why I thought even 1G might be a lot.

- Collapse -
Here are some speakers for mp3...

In case you can't find a mp3 with speaker (they do have them). Since it is stationary..then I think either speakers or docking station should do. I am like Grandpa; I don't care for ear buds phone either but I don't mind over the ear headphone though. I wear those all the time. They are loose but yet secure enough.

- Collapse -
Look at these
- Collapse -
Nod to this.

I use an iPod dock and it's quite nice to be able to keep it charged and more. Very handy thing.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info