Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

bashcreative toolbar

by bmrbill / May 6, 2004 9:49 AM PDT

I can't seem to get rid of this annoying little blue toolbar. It keeps over-riding my google toolbar. I've tried to delete it, but can't seem to find where it is hiding. I've run SpyBot, SpySweeper, CWShredder, AdAware, Stinger, and everything else I could get my hands on. IT WON'T GO AWAY!!!!
Please help...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: bashcreative toolbar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: bashcreative toolbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:bashcreative toolbar
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 6, 2004 10:53 AM PDT
In reply to: bashcreative toolbar
Collapse -
Re:bashcreative toolbar
by beat100 / May 6, 2004 10:27 PM PDT
In reply to: bashcreative toolbar

Look on the microsoft websites and get help for changing your reg files. I had one of these toolbars kept coming up, and with a bit of help from the microsoft forum I got rid of it using the regedit on XP.
You can also stop it coming up everytime you load your browser by selecting view - toolbars and then taking the tick off the offending toolbar, and hey presto providing you only had one browser open at the time, the next time you star explorer up it shouldn't be there.

Collapse -
Creative bashing toolbar ...
by Cetin Denislam / May 7, 2004 3:48 AM PDT

1. Why did you open a new thread ? You'd had just reposting in the original and this Forum's software will place it at front. Advantage for you, irritating for others.

2. From all the tried utilities, you forgot to mention the BHODemon.

3. Probable you traveled ? oops ?Googled the Internet from north to south and east to west and didn't find a same story and that's why you came here again. And BTW, probable if BHODemon worked for you, you won't came to post a feedback. And don't shout in the future, it's a song to raise some commiseration here or there or anywhere.

This being said, you still have the option to work with another non - MS browser. However, with your provided story, no one could help you because it's blind aka vaporware info.

Now, let's try this. Open regedit, expand the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Plugins\Extension

Export the subpath by clicking Registry, Export Registry File, type a name. Open that saved reg file and copy and paste in the reply. You'd have the chance in the history to be the first one who's showing a new pest.

Good Luck,

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?