General discussion

Baseball team hires dyslexic uniform maker!

Or maybe America's decline in literacy is worse on the Left Coast. Anyway, here they are, the San Francicso Giants!

You can take the Giants out of San Francisco for a road trip, the saying goes, but you're not allowed to misspell the city's name on the team's uniform tops.

That's right, a Majestic jersey failure ? figuratively and literally ? has happened for a second straight season in Major League Baseball.

When Giants reserve Eugenio Velez took the field for a double switch in the seventh inning at Houston on Wednesday night, he apparently had no idea his road grays read: "San Francicso."

San F-R-A-N-C-I-C-S ... uh-oh. That's not where Tony Bennett left his heart. That's not where hippies suggested you wear some flowers in your hair. It's not the place to ask for directions to San Jose.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Baseball team hires dyslexic uniform maker!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Baseball team hires dyslexic uniform maker!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
RE: Baseball team hires dyslexic uniform maker!

I don't think so.....ONE uniform had the mistake, they probably make a couple hundred with No Names on the back Or numbers. Standard tops that anyone could wear. Then put names and numbers on after.

So I don't think they hired a dyslexic uniform maker!

They hired someone that made an error(picked the letters out of the wrong pile/box) and didn't check their work.

- Collapse -
Majestic

I wonder where this apparel is made. I don't see a Made in USA on their site.

Was the game televised? Did anyone notice and say anything during the game?

CNET Forums

Forum Info