Resolved Question

"banned for life!!!"

I have had repeated problems signing in to "windows 7 forum".
On each occasion, I have had to create a new account in order to respond to my email.
Now I have been "banned for life" for having too many accounts.
Now I am beginning to believe this website is not worth the trouble. There are so many others available, but I had assumed this was the logical place to start.
Anyone else encounter such a problem, or am I just cursed by "win 7 forum"?

Discussion is locked

padyboy has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: "banned for life!!!"
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: "banned for life!!!"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Can you email me....

Please email me and let me know those accounts that you can't access the forums with.

To email me, click on my name and on my profile page on the right hand side click on the link that reads "E-mail Lee" and send an email with all the accounts that you are having troubles with and I can investigate.

Please include the email address that you used (do NOT post them here.)

Thanks!
-Lee

- Collapse -
Answer
Well, you seem to be posting OK

so its a mystery.

Mark

- Collapse -
I wonder if their post "bottomed out"?

Some folk scream at the moderators for locking or banning when the discussion BOTTOMS OUT and you see the can't reply message.

While the workaround is to reply to the top post and carry out (reminds me of that saying "Keep Calm and Carry On" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On
a few members do yelp when it happens.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info