General discussion

BADLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

I want to buy a speaker that can really "BLOW MY NEIGHBOR'S BRAIN OUT" my choices are the z-640 logitech and the xa3021 altec lansing. My neighbor keeps on playing loud music that irritates me a lot (not to mention his voice). I WANNA GET EVEN. Please help me out on this.Kindly explain their differences.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: BADLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: BADLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Love Thy Neighbor

Hmmmmm.. sounds like trouble. I'm wondering if there's a therapist on here who can recommend some quiet speakers for both of them!

- Collapse -
Badly Need Help.
- Collapse -
THANKS MAN

Thank you for replying to my post peter. But I think there is no edifier products here in my country. And even if there is i think i could not afford those. Could you still help me? Just pick one from the 2 choices. Thanks

- Collapse -
Re: Thanks Man.
- Collapse -
AWWW!

Sorry man but klipsch is not available in our country and i checked on the MX5021 it's a great speaker, unfortunately i can't afford it. How 'bout your thhoughts on ATP3 and Logitech Z-640? Thanks

- Collapse -
altec

I think you have to go vintage Altec. It seems to me that the A7 should do nicely - it's easy to drive, so you could likely just substitute them for your boombox speakers and wallow in the SPLs.

You'll have to look on the used market, but here's your quarry:
http://www.alteclansing.com/legacy/specs.asp

- Collapse -
A7 not available

Thanks for replying to my post. But the altec A7 is not available here in our country. please give your opinion on my 2 choices. Thanks a lot man

- Collapse -
choices...

I assume that you are buying one of these for a pc-based system? If so, my guess is that your ears will be bleeding long before you get to sound levels that your neigbours will even notice. Really.

These speakers aren't designed to be played at high levels - they rated at 5-7 watts and the subs are around 25w. Power handling for a reasonable home theatre set-up would be roughly 10x these specs, and then you could bug your neighbours.

That said, I'd likely go for the Logitech combo. If used as designed, it should sound good in a small bedroom or desktop set-up. The Logitech sealed sub is an odd and welcome addition at this level.

- Collapse -
Thanks Man

I'll probably go for the logitech even it won't match my neighbor's. Your opinion was helpful.
You're really an audiophile. Thanks again!

CNET Forums

Forum Info