Question

Bad Start Up

started two months ago, upon start up when connected to the internet I get a round replacement of the world instead of the normal apple icon flashing and and it stalls loading up? I need to shut down, disconnect, restart and before the apple icon appears there is a flash of a question mark behind the apple. I than reconnect and all works going forward. ??????
I would like to rid my system of this bad mojo.???????

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Bad Start Up
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Bad Start Up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I would suggest that you post this
- Collapse -
Answer
This Might Help

Hydinseek..

See "Mac OS: Flashing Globe When Computer Turns On".

This is happening because Network Disk is selected in the Startup Disk control panel and no NetBoot servers are available.

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Open the Startup Disk control panel.
2. Select the appropriate startup disk icon.
3. Close the Startup Disk control panel.
4. Restart the computer.

It's helped others. It might help you.
Carol

- Collapse -
BAD START UP

Carol,
Thank you,

- Collapse -
(NT) You're welcome, Hydinseek

CNET Forums