Samsung forum

General discussion

bad picture quality on Samsung LN-T2642H - strange shadows

by threadright / January 10, 2010 12:58 PM PST

Hey everyone,
So I've recently noticed that the picture quality on my Samsung LCD is terrible. The colors themselves are crisp (I have it connected to a DVD player via an HDMI cable), but I've noticed that the shadows are oddly colored and fail to blend (see picture below, courtesy of The Tudors: Season 2). The picture is particularly bad with red objects.

The problem gets a little bit better when I turn the contrast way down, but then the other colors are off. I've tried several things including changing inputs, using different devices (an xbox 360 connected via component video, for example) but still have the same problem. I've reset to the factory settings but to no avail. Recently I've also noticed that the audio can sometimes be a little "crunchy." I hadn't noticed this before though, so perhaps it was just a one time thing.
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my poor TV? Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it!

The link to the pictures can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75131560@N00/sets/72157623185717920/

notice the strange grey, nonblended shadows of the red robe as well as the strange, highly pixalated shadows of the faces and hands. The shadows just seem "off" in terms of color and don't seem to be blended very well.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: bad picture quality on Samsung LN-T2642H - strange shadows
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: bad picture quality on Samsung LN-T2642H - strange shadows
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?