Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Bad news for Clinton

by Evie / November 9, 2005 10:42 PM PST

Despite a last minute phone call to his neighbors in Westchester County, NY, the Democrats were unable to wrest the District Attorney seat vacated by Hillary's opponent for Senate in '06 (Jeannine Pirro) from the Republicans as Janet DiFiore won handily. This despite the Democrats dominance of county politics. Has Bill lost his star power? Devil

Evie Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bad news for Clinton
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bad news for Clinton
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well, you know, sn election like that
by dirtyrich / November 10, 2005 2:04 AM PST
In reply to: Bad news for Clinton

means that every single Dem politician across the nation is having a "bad day," or at least that seems to be the logic around here.

Collapse -
Yep!
by Evie / November 10, 2005 3:29 AM PST

... and Hillary and Kerry campaigned for Freddie Ferrer in NYC. Hmmmmm.... LOL!

Bloomberg may be a RINO in a lot of ways, but he's no Dem when it comes to the issues that got him elected!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Does anyone have a breakdown
by EdH / November 10, 2005 3:38 AM PST
In reply to: Yep!

of which party won what overall? I haven't seen one. I would think if anyone made dramatic advances we would never hear the end of it. Even if it's a wash that would be bad news for the Democrats.

Or do people really not vote nationally in local elections?

Collapse -
Dems run away with it in both Suffolk and Nassau
by gearup / November 10, 2005 3:43 AM PST

Counties. But they are across the sound from Conn. so they dont count for Evie!

Both of these counties have been GOP strongholds for decades. And are great examples of the corruption which one party rule brings with it over time!

Collapse -
I don't know anyone living there
by Evie / November 10, 2005 9:54 AM PST

My parents happen to be "neighbors" to Bill and Hill.

Apparently NJ hasn't woken up yet.

Collapse -
I do
by EdH / November 10, 2005 7:44 PM PST

I have a friend in Nassau County who says that the area has been trending Dem for a few years now so this is no surprise. He also says taxes have skyrocketed since the Dems took over the County Supervisor seat.

Bad times for professional people.

Collapse -
Did your friend also tell you that
by gearup / November 10, 2005 8:50 PM PST

the 30 year Republi-con reign almost bankrupt these counties and the hi taxes are a direct result of their fiscal malfeasance?

Or that in one Township in Suffolk county about 15 former GOP officials have gone to jail for a variety of things from bribery to hands in the till giving the area of Brookhaven the nickname "Crookhaven". But I guess those are the little details which slip your memory!

But I bet you and your friend remember all the Dems who pulled the same kind of crap when they were in long term power in areas like Long Beach (Nassau County)!

It isnt the party which is at fault,unfortunately. It is that long term one party rule results in corruption. And it keeps happening all over the world!

Collapse -
I never lived there and am only reporting...
by EdH / November 10, 2005 8:58 PM PST

what I've been told. My point is that the Dem victory was not a stunning upset, rather a continuation of the ongoing trend in the area.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!