General discussion

backup

How do I back up my website on my harddrive? My host site has been off line for 3 weeks and is suppose to be back online tuesday. I won't be able to do this until they are back up and running. I now want to be able to save my site to my harddrive, just in case this happens again, so I can move to to another host site.
Thanks
Pam

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: backup
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: backup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Simplest way...

depending on actual size of the site would be to recreate the site's directory structure on your PC and download the contents of each directory to the same location on your own PC.

Another way would be to download and use a website copier such as WinHTTrack which you can find at http://www.httrack.com

Once downloaded you should consider saving to CD as your hard drive is potentially a corruptable media.

- Collapse -
Thank you.

Thank you. I think I will copy it to a cd.
Pam

CNET Forums

Forum Info