Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Backing up Outlook Address Book

by Alan Copeland / July 16, 2005 12:45 AM PDT

Prior to a restore operation, I have exported my .pst files to a thumb drive using Outlook/File import and export. Once I have exported my Contacts I will have my addrees book, am I correct? I am running Office 2003. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
No .pab in Office 2003
by Alan Copeland / July 16, 2005 3:31 AM PDT

But I added a contact, Bob Proffitt, and you were also in the address book. I deleted you from the Contact folder and you also abandoned the address book. Just as well, becasue I had an imaginary email address for you. Thanks for the links though. I had used the MS one to copy the individual .pst folders I wanted to keep.

Collapse -
We hope that MS will issue a OL2003 backup article...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 16, 2005 4:42 AM PDT
In reply to: No .pab in Office 2003

But they seem to be slowing down on such articles.

Have you noticed that?

Bob

Collapse -
It worked
by Alan Copeland / July 16, 2005 9:59 PM PDT

I used the import/export feature and copied all my .pst folders abck where i wanted them. You are right, I have 2003 and I hear of 2005, but no help on 2003 yet.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!