General discussion

Backing up on a home network using Norton Ghost 9

I have a laptop and desktop computer connected through a Lynksys router and using Window XP home network. The laptop has Windows XP home edition and the desktop has the PRO edition. Both computers have Norton Ghost installed. The desktop has a USB hi-speed external drive.
My problem is trying to figure out the correct syntax to backup the laptop to the external harddrive over the home network over the network.
I have gotten as far in the setup as identifying the target drive and the previously backup file I created when I attached the external drive diretly to the laptop. I can see the external drive and file in the Norton Ghost tree, but when I click on NEXT it brings up a longon screen that calls for a domane, user and password. I can't figure out how to get past this screen. I have done everything the manual says. I have created a v2i user with administrative righs on both computers and have logged in as that user on both computers and created a shared file (as I said, I can see it in the tree). I have added v2i to the Norton Ghost security gruop. But nothing I type in the logon screen gets me past that point. Either the logon screen pops back up or I get "can't find path" error message.
Can someone walk me through the steps and syntax I need to satisfy the security logon? Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Backing up on a home network using Norton Ghost 9
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Backing up on a home network using Norton Ghost 9
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Norton Ghost 9 network backup

I have got same problem and no solution whatsoever....

- Collapse -
Norton Ghost

Have you tryed to contact Symantec to see if they can help.Gordon

CNET Forums

Forum Info