General discussion

background pictures win XP

pictures I edit or scan end up as wallpaper in display settings can anyone tell me why and how to stop this as it is anoying and I have to delele them from puter

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: background pictures win XP
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: background pictures win XP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
stop saving them in "my pictures"

and the problem will go away. Often the default folder for your picture editing software is my pictures. That is also the folder the wallpaper settings uses.

- Collapse -
"I didn't do it"

This is likely to be something your scanner software is doing and not a XP feature. Your post didn't reveal what this scanner was and with what you supplied, I can't look into it further.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re: background pictures win XP

Arthur, Any pictures you save to the Windows XP "My Pictures" folder will end up in your Display/Desktop tab background. Create a new folder and name it something like My Own Pics and save them to that folder instead. If you now have any of your personal pictures in the Windows XP "My Pictures" folder move them to the new My Own Pics folder.

Tufenuf

- Collapse -
background pics win xp

Thank you for your help "my pictures" now has gone to cyber space

CNET Forums

Forum Info