My plan was to have 2 sites, one geared toward weight loss/ work out people and one geared toward average (elderly, people who work long hours, etc.) people who just want convenience and quality good tasting food delivered to their home.
I've been told I should combine the sites to get higher rankings on the search engines. It seems to me that the photos, words, etc. would be totally different and your conversion rate would be higher if you targeted each site to different groups of people.
I'm a small business person who needs new websites. I meant to do it myself using Joomla!. I decided to use Joomla because the process seeemed easier and more foolproof than what I had tried in the past (Expression Web) and more flexible build your own sites stuff that's out there. Since it didn't get done for about 6 months, I decided to hire someone to do it. I posted to craigslist and got some replies. The things I am being told don't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm a chef, not a web designer.
I just need a simple site, with online ordering (online payment is not necessary as I have the same clients week after week and credit card processing is not a problem) and to be easy to update on a weekly basis. I don't want it to move, talk, or zoom.
I've been told:
1. There is not a online ordering system for Wordpress for less than $100. a month.
2. Joomla has big security issues.
3. Godaddy is not good with Wordpress. (you guys agreed)
1. Do I really need the Facebook, twitter, etc. stuff - I mean, do people really spend their time looking at vendors' facebook pages? Will that really affect my search engine ranking?
2. Is it the number of hits (visits to your site) or the number who choose your site off the search engine that affects your ranking? or neither?
3. Are there any real issues in using Drupal, WordPress or Joomla as opposed to another type of programming?
4. Do I have to pay someone month after month for SEO?
5. Is there anything really special about your site showing up on an IPhone or blackberry?
Thanks for the help.......you guys are a great resource.