Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Back from NY

Had a ball. The first game was more than I could have hoped for. At yesterday's game while we were getting our B...tts kicked a NY fan in front of me caught a fowl ball and gave it to me. Who said NYers aren't friendly? Well going to get some rest. I went everywhere in NY and it was a madhouse with the R conv.,the Tennis, the protesters.wow. Loved it but good to be home.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Back from NY
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Back from NY
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Glad you're home safe, Mary Kay

In reply to: Back from NY

Sounds like you had a wonderful adventure.

Pictures for us soon?

Take care,
Marcia

Collapse -
Are you nuts? :-)

Well good for you MK! Venturing to NYC during such a busy time. Glad you had a positive experience and were able to enjoy the sights. Did you get to see Ground Zero?

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Re: Are you nuts? :-)

In reply to: Are you nuts? :-)

Yes Evie I did and It is a very moving experience. They reopend the Statue of liberty and I saw that again. We got a tour of CNN That was not a particular highlight. Happy. I saw the demonstrators and they appeared to be behaving themselves when I was there
We spent an afternoon at the US Open tennis matches.We went To NY on train and I hadn't been on a train in 50 years anyway. All the Hubbub was exciting .

Collapse -
Re: Back from NY

I guess you'd have enjoyed Tuesday's game more, LOL. We New Yorkers are really a nice bunch despite our reputation, but we do have our guard up most of the time. Just a product of where we grew up.

I'm glad you had a nice time and managed to get around OK with the convention in town. Also glad you had a chance to visit the WTC site. Last time I was there was around a year and a half ago. Ironically, the last time I was there before 9/11 was for the Yankees World Series victory parade in '99. Ticker-tape parades traditionally go up lower Broadway, around a block east of the WTC. We took the subway to the WTC stop, walked across the plaza and over to the parade route.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Was at all 3 games

In reply to: Re: Back from NY

Collapse -
Good to see you back and glad you had such a nice time.

Happy
Collapse -
Re: Back from NY

im glad your back and ny is a great town and very friendly.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Welcome home, MK!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Thanks all .First vacation in yrs.

In reply to: (NT) Welcome home, MK!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.