Samsung forum

General discussion

B8000 series

by PepCarl / January 12, 2010 1:49 PM PST

Is it worth the extra money to get the B8000 series?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: B8000 series
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: B8000 series
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Quality of B8000 55 inch is crap
by mm19642 / January 12, 2010 5:24 PM PST
In reply to: B8000 series

I've had the UA55B8000 for about 2 weeks and find the quality of the picture is crap.

The default settings are useless and all attempts to self calibrate have done little to address all the issues.

The blur, judder and pixelating on free to air SD and HD is in my opinion unacceptable and I can't believe I was fooled into forking out 5k for this crap.

By the way the pixelating is not caused by a bad signal or bad reception or interference.

ie when people walk across the screen, make small fast movements, simply turn their heads the display just cannot keep up and display the movement accurately. Increase the customised judder option and judder is removed but flashes, distortions occur.

Advertised as wireless! Got it home to find out it is if you buy the expensive Samsung USB Wireless dongle that then utilises ONE of only TWO USB ports.

Built in media player! Yep but that only has a x2 fast forward plus numerous other issues. Navigation with folders and files crap and slow. My WD TV has now returned to the lounge.

The you tube widget, excellent. The other two crap, (USA News, and the local weather forecast).

200HZ Motion Plus! Switch it off and unbearable judder, use the default settings and issues begin. Use the custom feature to manage blur and or judder and they cause issues.

Samsung 55 inch Series 8 is a waste of money.

I am more than happy and somewhat still open to change my view of this product if someone can tell me what the best settings are for this so called latest technology.

A first and last time Samsung customer.

Collapse -
My Opinion
by Saaditani / January 12, 2010 6:32 PM PST

I find this TV Amazing! the colors the black and white! Is all amazing, I dont know how people crap it maybe they are right their units are defective somehow, or they are too much into details they want to buy a a big tv with sunroof and wind-washer and they want windows media player built in to this set. They want ALLINONE TV... Bottom line I paid 5K and am happy to what I purchased and I dont bother look into small details and ignore the big picture! its TV.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!