Phones forum

General discussion

axim 30 or ipaq4150

i am a college student that needs a reliable pda with a large screen--i find that it's hard to carry a laptop to school on a daily basis..i need to have connectivity since every area at the university is wireless and also one of the main reasons i need the pda is to use it with a keyboard so that i can type my class notes...if anyone knows, can you please also let me know which folding keyboard will be the best (the larger the better)
thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: axim 30 or ipaq4150
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: axim 30 or ipaq4150
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: axim 30 or ipaq4150

In reply to: axim 30 or ipaq4150

Some iPaqs can have a small keyboard that mounts to the bottom of the unit. Making it look like a keyboard equipped PDA. The one that I'm thinking of is the 2210/15. The KB is $40 extra. The only thing, the 2210/15 doesn't have WLAN built in. The 4350 has an integrated keyboard and has WLAN built in.

I think iPaqs are the way to go. They may not be the fastest performing PDAs but I believe they are adequate and have a far greater selection of accessories...the keyboard accessory as an example.

Here are a few links:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=101&cat%5Fname=Windows+Mobile+Devices&dept%5Fid=2621&pf%5Fid=MP965602&listing=1&mscssid=VE0TK9CMF2798HH9KGU5M4NPWXCD9D8B

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=109&cat%5Fname=Accessories&dept%5Fid=3715&pf%5Fid=MP965618&listing=1&mscssid=VE0TK9CMF2798HH9KGU5M4NPWXCD9D8B

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=101&cat%5Fname=Windows+Mobile+Devices&dept%5Fid=2621&pf%5Fid=MP965612&listing=1&mscssid=VE0TK9CMF2798HH9KGU5M4NPWXCD9D8B

Collapse -
Re: axim 30 or ipaq4150

In reply to: Re: axim 30 or ipaq4150

thanks for the links...i was thinking about the ipaq4350, but i am not sure that i can get used to the keyboard...it's very small...i am hoping to find a folding keyboard that's at least 80 percent of the regular
thanks again

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.