Speakeasy forum

General discussion

avoid with extreme prejudice

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: avoid with extreme prejudice
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: avoid with extreme prejudice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I see it a different way ...

In reply to: avoid with extreme prejudice

... although I won't be watching. IMO, the more OJ talks publically, the more of those remaining that believe in his innocence might be swayed, including some soul searching in the black community (hopefully) who will finally reject the jury nullification. I remember that shortly after the verdict surveys showed that blacks believed OJ's innocence in an almost mirror image of the numbers in which whites believed in his guilt. I wonder if that has changed at all.

I'm also not a big fan of the resulting civil suit in that case. Don't get me wrong, he was guilty as sin and IMO NO financial penalty would be too big. BUT, we have a criminal court system in this country and he was found not guilty. I think that civil wrongful death judgments should only be allowed to go forth against someone who has been criminally convicted (or plead) to being responsible for a death in some capacity. The burden of proof is too low in the civil case. One might argue that he wouldn't have gotten off if not for the fact that he's OJ, but also then, the Goldman/Simpson family would not have had financial resources to go after. There are vindictive people out there of considerable financial resources. It is not to difficult to imagine this being used to ruin someone if it only requires convincing a majority of a jury that XYZ is more likely than not to be responsible for something. IOW, my position is not about just OJ.

Collapse -
good news from fox news

the tv show is cancelled, fox pulls it for what I think are obvious reasons: the outrage by the public. it was not that fox had an epiphany, probably potential loss of revenue was their moral guideline.

Collapse -
The book has been cancelled by its publisher as well

In reply to: good news from fox news

Why anyone thought this was a good idea in the first place is beyond me.

I wonder though, whether the people who decried "attempted suppression of freedom of speech" over the "Path to 9/11" fuss would argue in OJ's defense here.

Collapse -
oh oh you know how oh jay gets

In reply to: The book has been cancelled by its publisher as well

when he feels he has been cheated. he probably is filling the bronco right now and heading to nyc.

he can still speak freely, just won't get paid for it. maybe he can start an ohblog.

Collapse -
Where the h-e double toothpicks does he get his money?

In reply to: oh oh you know how oh jay gets

And why can't the civil judgement be made to work and make him a pauper? And apparently there are women lining up to get a piece of OJ !! Whats up with that. I'd cross the road, or leave the county to avoid him.

Rob

Collapse -
He put most of his money in a lifetime annuity

In reply to: Where the h-e double toothpicks does he get his money?

The judgment can't touch that and he gets a monthly check from it.

Diana

Collapse -
plus the florida homestead exemption

In reply to: He put most of his money in a lifetime annuity

which sounds like a tax benefit. but:

Florida's creditor protection homestead provision is one of the broadest in the United States. The value of the property that can be protected is unlimited, so long as the property occupies no more than ? acre (2,000 m

Collapse -
(NT) No problem, I loathe Fox, and OJ, so it's easy.

Collapse -
to be fair to harper/collins

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.