HolidayBuyer's Guide

Cameras forum

Alert

Avoid Fumfie.com!

by bkh12345 / February 23, 2014 4:07 AM PST

I am not one to post a lot of reviews, though I felt I needed to share my experience with fumfie.com, so that others may avoid the aggravation and waste of time that I endured. They advertise great prices, that is for sure, though you get what you pay for. I ordered a Nikon D610 camera kit and was assured three day delivery as I needed the camera for an important trip I was about to take. When the camera did not arrive after 5 days, I called to inquire. I was told that the lens was not in stock and that shipment was delayed. This is understandable, though frustrating. Though what happened from here is the worst kind of customer service, and business tactics that I've only experienced with used car salespeople. I was told that they would find me a solution, then put on hold, told that I would receive a call back (several times) and never did. I was then told that they could send me another lens that they said was better, though when I did my own research, it wasn't even the right lens for the camera. They offered to ship the cameral alone if I could find a lens. I did find a lens and ordered it, though then Fumfie backed out of it's agreement because I told them I was no longer interested in the extended warranty as it would not cover the lens that I did not purchase with the camera. They apparently make big profits on the extended warranty. Finally, I had enough and told them to cancel the order. After trying several times to persuade me with a free battery, I was told my the supervisor that the order would be cancelled and I would receive a full refund that day. Of course, they charged my credit card before shipping the camera. Four days later, I called my credit card company and they told me that the charge had not been reversed nor a credit issues. I then had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and then learned that there are MANY out there who have had bad experiences with fumfie. I thought that I was done with fumfie, though a day later, I got a call from their shipping department that my order was ready for shipment. I told them that I had cancelled the order, and then I got another round of pressure sales tactics, offering to throw in this and that to make it worth my while, all stuff I didn't need. All in all, I spend about 3 hours of my time to try to save $100. It isn't worth it. Avoid Fumfie.com, they seem like a company that lie, deceive, not take responsibility, and will do anything to get your money.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Avoid Fumfie.com!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Avoid Fumfie.com!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fumfie NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! TOTAL SCAM!!!
by 406-Z / February 25, 2014 12:41 AM PST
In reply to: Avoid Fumfie.com!

I ordered a camera, Nikon D5200, from Fumfie a few weeks ago and received a email that I needed to call Michael to discuss further processing of my order. I called Michael who proceeds to try and sell me a extra battery for $69 and a 32G SD card for $79, both of which are extremely inflated prices. I said no and he tries to sell me a extended warranty that is normally $199 for $99, again I said no. Now he says he can give me the battery, SD card, extended warranty and expedited shipping all for $99. I said no thank you, just send me the camera. Michael said the order would be processed and shipped to me right away. I thought it was odd to get a email and the up sell of items that are cheap knock offs for a over inflated price. I did a search for Fumfie and found a lot and I mean a lot of negative comments. I do see Henry Fumfie respond to some of the negative and say they ship thousands and thousands of orders a month and you are going to have a few slide through the cracks. But what happened next is why Fumfie is a total SCAM and not to be trusted.

After reading the reviews the next morning I checked my credit card that I had charged the camera on and there was not a charge applied yet from Fumfie. I checked my email and there was not a shipping confirmation yet from Fumfie that the order had shipped. I was not feeling comfortable with Fumfie so I called Michael and canceled the order. I simply told Michael I changed my mind and I checked my credit card and nothing had been charged. Michael said that's fine nothing had been processed, a cancellation notice would be sent to my email, that I never received! The next day Bank of America calls me to verify my last two credit card transactions which I did and asked what this was about. BofA informed me there was a charge on my credit card in Brazil at a gas station for $82.38. They asked if the credit card had been stolen or if I had given the information to anyone of which I said yes, Fumfie and explained. This credit card account was only about 60 days old and I had not made any other on line purchases with it. It's ironic my credit card information is used to make a transaction in another country after I had given it to Fumfie!

I have ordered a lot of electronics on line and have never had this happen. Lesson learned is to always use a third party like PayPal and I'm thankful BofA is on top of their security!

Collapse -
Never Buying From Here Again. Worst Customer Experience.
by iamcartermoore / March 5, 2014 2:15 AM PST

Let me start by saying I have a pretty high tolerance for crappy service because I can't help in having faith in humanity, but Fumfie.com has been the worst.

I thought that a good BBB rating would be legit, but I wish I would have checked these reviews before I purchased. I placed an order for a Fuji x100s on Monday (so it's not too bad, it's only now Wednesday) and wanted to pay for overnight shipping. For some reason I made a mistake and only selected ground shipping, so I then call Fumfie.com to change the order.

No problems really so far, all seems legit.

I talk to John (ext. 323) and John happily changes my shipping to overnight and tacks on the extra money to do so. He then goes on to try to sell me an extra battery. What the heck, why not. I say yes. Boom we've added it on, he gives me a total and says he will send me a confirmation email and a tracking number and should expect my package Tuesday night/Wednesday Morning.

Here's where it all goes downhill.

A few hours go by, no tracking number. I read some reviews and now start to get worried. I call back and no one answers this time. I send an email with my concerns and just ask to be supplied with the tracking number. I get a response later (pretty timely I'll admit) and they said it's been processed but still no tracking number. I am confused at this point. It's past their hours at this point so I just chalk it up to we'll see what happens tomorrow, But I sent a couple emails to Henry & Alen (found their emails on another feed).

I call their support in the morning on Tuesday and talk to Simon. Simon was no help after I explain what I had been told. I said I just wanted the tracking number and he tells me it's not done processing and won't be shipped out until around 7pm EST, and I should expect a tracking number then. I say John told me he was going to send that number and I wanted was the tracking number. He says and I quote,"No, I know John and he would never say something like that." Then Simon hangs up quickly. I send more follow up emails expressing my concerns to Support and Henry with the original email attached. (still no responses from anyone). I call back a few hours later and just dial straight to John (ext 323) John says that he can't do anything at this point and will transfer me to sales. I was on hold for an hour and I just ended up hanging up. I call back later again and just no answer. All I wanted was a tracking number, seems pretty simple.

So Tuesday comes and goes and here we are at Wednesday. I'm supposed to receive the camera and extra battery today. I mean I did pony up like $50 for overnight shipping, so I feel it should be on time.

I call customer service again and who should answer, but Simon again. To be honest, Simon was much nicer today, and I said,"Hey we spoke yesterday and you told me my camera would be shipped around 7pm EST and I would receive a tracking number. Well I still haven't received the tracking number. Can I get it now?"

Simon says,"Oh, it actually didn't process until 10:30pm last night and it will ship out tonight at about 7pm EST and you will then get a tracking number." The conversation ends.

Ok, I paid for overnight shipping and it wasn't shipped. I have been lied to multiple times and have been avoided. I have lost money now as overnight shipping seems pointless because it wasn't overnight by the time I needed. This has been awful mostly because I feel like I've been stolen from and lied to intentionally. Called the credit card company to cancel the order. This is the worst.

Word to the wise, stay away from Fumfie.com and just pay the extra money somewhere else like Amazon or B&H. Trust me you will gladly spend that extra cash to avoid these headaches and terrible customer service remarks.

Just to think, all of this could have been avoided if a tracking number was given. Now a decent sale has been lost along with a customer and most of all my faith in humanity.

Collapse -
order #'s?
by fumfie / March 13, 2014 1:46 AM PDT

iamcartermoore
406-Z
bkh12345

Please post your order # so we can address each issue one by one. We would like to further accommodate you.

Best!
Henry

Collapse -
Purchased from Fumfie
by AllenParks / March 24, 2014 7:57 AM PDT

I have read multiple reviews on here, BBB, Yelp, resellerratings, etc. I actually ordered a Nikon D7100 with 3-5 day shipping from Fumfie and was very skeptical due to the bad reviews they have. So just to be sure and basically cover my ****, I purchased through Paypal which I used my AmEx. Of course, I received an email after the purchase that I would need to contact a representative from Fumfie to complete my order.

From the other reviews, I was already prepared for it. I called the number and dialed the extension. Typical sales pitch to buy extra products, but I can understand where they are coming from. If they are going to advertise lower prices for their products than other retailers, they are going to have to make money some how or else they would be out of business. I politely declined and said that the camera will be shipped soon.

One day passed and I started to get nervous as the email confirmation after I got off the phone with the rep said I would receive a tracking number shortly. I thought about it and would give them the benefit of the doubt. The second day, they sent me a tracking number. They shipped it via UPS Ground which is fine since my two day shipments from amazon are UPS ground.

I ordered the camera on March 19th which was last Wednesday and I received my package today! I was very skeptical still, so I opened the packaged and everything was new. I guess what I am trying to say is I had a good experience, but I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

If I did have an issue, I would have let AmEx deal with it as I have done so in the past with a different retailer.

Collapse -
This is the standard
by fumfie / March 26, 2014 9:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Purchased from Fumfie

Thank You AllenParks for your comments.
Wanted to point out that receiving your order on time is normal here over @ fumfie.

As you stated in your post which will be online FOREVER and cannot be edited only post a follow up
"I guess what I am trying to say is I had a good experience, but I guess I was one of the lucky ones."
Your not the lucky one rather your the 98% of our satisfied customers. Funny how your positive comments show up on a thread titled "Avoid Fumfie.com!"

SIDEPOINT
Take notice that users

iamcartermoore
406-Z
bkh12345

never responded with an order #

So this can mean 1 of 2 things
1.they never ordered from fumfie
2. they did order but never reached out to us so we can rectify the situation.

Thank You Again,
Henry

Collapse -
Dear Henry
by iamcartermoore / April 1, 2014 8:21 AM PDT
In reply to: This is the standard

To say those things is ridiculous Henry. It's terrible business to try to be manipulative and misleading to people.

I did receive my order, days after it should have arrived as I paid $50 extra for overnight shipping. I was promised to be refunded for my shipping which still hasn't happened.

I sent you two emails to your personal email along with 3 to your support teams as well as two voicemails. Your support team replied to the first with no information at all. Then the second email promised a refund on the shipping. I can paste them all in here if you like, but I doubt you would want that.

The first I sent was Titled "Tracking Number & Info for Order #61695" which I sent to you (henry@fumfie.com which is an email you gave on an earlier thread) 3/3 at 8:51pm MST with no response ever.

The second I sent was titled "Second Email regarding Order #61695" Sent to you (henry@fumfie.com) 3/4 at 3:04pm MST with no response ever.

At this point I don't care that I even got the package. Your service was horrendous, the way I was talked to on the phone was despicable, and I won't ever purchase from you again. If you say you're going to refund someone, do it.

Collapse -
Yes we missed your delivery date
by fumfie / April 8, 2014 3:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Dear Henry

Hello iamcartermmore,
After looking into your order here's what i came up with.

Timeline
3/3/14- Order was placed online @ 1 pm with overnight shipping option (1-2 Days)
3/4/14- Order gets sent to the warehouse (normally its 28-48 hrs processing time as stated in our policies)
3/5/14 - Order gets shipped ups OVERNIGHT (you expected your camera to arrive on this day)
3/6/14- order is delivered @ 12:07 pm

We apologize we weren't able to make your expected delivery date of 3/5/14. Maybe there is something we can do better to ensure we meet our customers expected delivery date. I will follow up with you to see if i can make it right by you.

Just wondering when you said "At this point I don't care that I even got the package." Im perplexed by this comment. Yes we were late on your order and we are sorry . We will do our best to ensure this is an isolated incident.

On the flip side the Fuji x100s camera which you paid $939 for you can go on amazon currently and buy it for $1299. I was hoping a $360 savings will make it easier to swallow even after we missed your delivery date by 1 day.

Sorry again for the mishap as we are human here...hopefully we can make it up to you.

Thanks

Collapse -
Same story Fumfie.com Scam
by ethem11 / April 1, 2014 5:15 AM PDT

I ordered 3 Pentax K-3 camera because they had very good deal. I ordered on march 20th. I called on march 28 and they told me they did not ship my cameras yet once we shipp we will provide a tracking. So I waited until March 1th and I called them again. They told me they shipped my cameras already and they said there was not anybody in that address i provided so package is coming back to us. It was a business address and this was obvious a lie. they said they will refund my money once the package will arrive their facility. So i told them to provide a shipping tracking number so i can track the package but they refuse to give a tracking number. I called several time finally they said they canceled my order and refunded my money but i can not see the refund on my bank account yet.

I did not get my money back but i called IRS and LOCAL LAW OFFICE and I inform and complain them.

I encourage you to call IRS and tell them this company is doing tax evasion that's way maybe they can quit to rip off their costumers. Please call local Law office such as

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml

Also https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove offensive remark in post which was unnecessary for the topic at hand on 04/09/2014 at 9:35 AM PT

Collapse -
They are scamers
by manubrooklyn / May 12, 2014 11:29 AM PDT

Dear ethem

Call FTC And NYS attorney general.
IRS wont do anything to them, as long as they pay taxes, IRS dont care what they sell, They only need taxes.
BBB is a mediator , AT final bbb is going to state that both parties are satisfied, so its a waste of time.

call ftc and nys disstrict attorney, they will be able to do something.

Collapse -
Scammers, please do not buy any product from them!!!
by manubrooklyn / May 12, 2014 11:12 AM PDT

I bought a Nikon d7100 camera from these people, after i got the product i called Nikon Customer support number to register the product, Nikon customer service people advice me that its a fake camera, No serial number on the back of camera. They also advice me that even if the product is from different country, they should have a serial bumber otherwise its fake, I made a youtube video of it, if you like you can watch.
You can complaint to FTC and NYS Attorney General .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-LrRv9f3bM

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.