General discussion

AVI file Mono to Stereo

I have a Nikon Coolpix S210 that records AVI video in Mono 64kbit sound. I was wondering how I could convert the audio from mono to stereo because the audio always sounds like it's underwater.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: AVI file Mono to Stereo
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AVI file Mono to Stereo
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Are you sure
- Collapse -
Audio Program?

Well I was wondering if I could fix the audio in a program like VirtualDub.

- Collapse -
I don't know where the fault lie, but...

I don't think the issue is whether it's mono or stereo thing. It could be just a bad design on the s210 part or you might just happen to have gotten a bad one.

- Collapse -
Not Bad!

Well I don't think it's bad one. It's just that that's what the AVI files record at and there's no way to change it inside the camera. I was just wondering how convert the mono audio to stereo audio.

- Collapse -
Audacity.

Not my field but may be a utility like Audacity will do this. It won't be true stereo because each channel will be identical. I doubt you can convert a mono recording to true stereo.

The link below shows how to do that with Audacty;
http://chacadwa.com/foh/mono-to-stereo-in-audacity

But before that you will need to extract the audio track from the AVI file and save it separately, perhaps to a .wav file.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info