General discussion

AVG virus

can someone tell me what they think about the AVG Anti-virus free edition?

-Peter

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: AVG virus
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AVG virus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Avg

Used to use Norton to many problems.Went to AVG I must say it is working with no problems and I am happy with the product.

- Collapse -
Gets my approval too!

Made the same change two or three years ago. Works well for me!

Glenn

- Collapse -
i have problems

my AVG Free Edition keeps saying that my internal virus database is out of date and that my email scanner is not working. But my internal virus database is not out of date. When i go to update, it has a list of updates (ex high priority, optional, etc) but when it goes to download them, it says there are not updates. Do you guys know whats wrong?

-Peter

- Collapse -
Help maybe

If you right click on email scanner and activate, does that help? Also virus definitions are now up to 2-17-05.

- Collapse -
Avg Free

Peter

I had Norton for about three years. Computer became unstable yet Norton showed nosigns of a problem. Download Avast Home Edition and it found a number of problems and cleaned them up. But I still had a HIjacker found by an online scanner it would not delete.
Switched to AVG 7.0 free and on first scan it found and deleted the HIjacker.
Only takes two baseball bats to the side my head to convince me Avg works.
This program combined with the spyware and malware programs recommended by this forum have restored my computer to a stable unit.
Hope this helps.
Ray

- Collapse -
AVG Free...

I used AVG Free for about 8 months, as my primary AV. I also had Norton 2003 that I kept updated but disabled, for a backup. When Norton 2003 expired( no support) I changed from AVG Free to AVG PRO. (paid version, $33.30 for 2 years)also completely removed Norton. AVG gets my vote.
Just my personal choice. Also AVG has Excellent Tech. Support,doesn't take them very long to answer a question, and tell you in depth how to fix it.(No Tech support with the Free Version.)
Hope this will help.
Larry

CNET Forums

Forum Info