General discussion

AVG updates

Is anyone having trouble getting updates for AVG 7.5. I keep getting error: cannot connect to server ewido.net. The websites really blow as to FAQ's.

Tom

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: AVG updates
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AVG updates
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) I just tried with no problems
- Collapse -
Checked Wilder

Been leaving the PC on the last few days so just rebooted and no problem. Guess for some things to take effect you should reboot whether you turn it off every night or not. The schedule of things to do keeps getting longer and the mind shorter!

Tom

- Collapse -
update

Ever since avg 7.5 past the trail point and now has limited features i noticed when i update the green progress bar does not appear.Is it still updated even without the green progress bar?

Tom

- Collapse -
(NT) are you talking about AV or Anti Spyware
- Collapse -
(NT) avg anti spyware
- Collapse -
What you do not get.......
- Collapse -
(NT) Thanx,i was stuck in stupid :)
- Collapse -
avg anti-spyware updates

I have been having trouble with updates the last few days. I get the error message cannot connect to server, or it will download the update and stop before installing.

- Collapse -
Try doing them manually from this link
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/

Choose where it says "Daily Signatures" and run the .exe after it downloads. It should install and change your total signatures in the database to the correct amount but just to let you know ahead of time the date will not change on the program itself until the next time you successfully you the program updater.
- Collapse -
avg anti-spyware update

I just tried updating avg as and the green progress bar showed the update complete, but it did not show the update installed, so I waited about 5 minutes and then it downloaded the update and installed.

- Collapse -
Many times there are

glitches in that update system they have so the best thing is to just try it later when it fails and if that does not work, then just do them manually from the link I posted before. I always post that link when I post an update in the updates thread.

- Collapse -
AVG

A flaccid program to say the Least. Switch to McAfee.

CNET Forums

Forum Info