we would like to ask you to send us "explorer.exe" process dump from WinDBG utility by following the next steps for proper analysis of described issue:
- Download the application from the following link:
- Install WinDBG and run it.
- Go to File menu -> Attach to a Process (F6 key), find and select
"explorer.exe" process you need to log (*.*) and confirm. Start by F5 key.
- Induce the issue (crash).
- When there is any error, the process should be interrupted and it
should be possible to type in debugger panel. Type the following
command in command line (one-line textbox in Command window):
.dump /ma c:\mem.dmp (including a DOT on the beginning of this line)
- Generated c:\mem.dmp file pack to .zip or .rar archive with unique name and upload the file to our FTP server, as described in the
FAQ section of our website:
Please inform us about the filename when uploaded.
Thank you for your cooperation.
After installing AVG 9 yesterday, I noticed immediately that I could not delete any folders on my computer (by hitting delete on keyboard). Furthermore I was having a problem with 'right click'. If I right clicked on a folder, I would get an explorer error message and everything would close. I verified it was AVG by running ShellXView and disabling AVG Shell Extension. After disabling I could right click ... and I could delete a folder.
I run Windows XP ... any suggestions?