Avast & AVG forum

Alert

AVG 2011 Paid Edition installation error

by tlendrum / August 10, 2011 11:31 AM PDT

I have recently installed the AVG 2011 2 year protection on my laptop which is Windows Vista. Though an error message keeps saying to finish the installation i need to restart my system which i have done several times. Is there any solutions for this problem? as i need a firewall asap

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVG 2011 Paid Edition installation error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVG 2011 Paid Edition installation error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: AVG 2011 Paid Edition installation error
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / August 10, 2011 9:47 PM PDT

Hello tlendrum,

I have replied to your other posting in different thread. You may check my answer here. Please keep the communication in one thread, preferably in this one (AVG 2011 Paid Edition installation error).

Thank you.

Collapse -
can not find file
by tlendrum / August 12, 2011 1:36 AM PDT

I have tried to search the file called C:\ProgramData\avg10\cfg to change the name but there is no such file on my computer. i have also went to the operating system and unhidden all files and i still can not find this file. is there another solution? or am i doing something wrong?

Collapse -
RE:
by Dusan_AVG / August 12, 2011 3:02 AM PDT
In reply to: can not find file

Hello tlendrum,

You could try to perform full reinstallation as described in AVG 2011 + 9.0+8.x Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions

Please note that instructions are meant for AVG Free edition so after full uninstallation and deletion of folders, install AVG using paid installation packages. (AVG for Workstation 32 or 64bit).

If the issue reappears after full reinstallation, provide us with update log files and with MSinfo output.

Upload requested files to your favourite online storage service and provide us with link.

As previously suggested, you are entitled to use our full support options here:
http://www.avg.com/support

Thank you

Collapse -
Can not re-install AVG 2011 Paid Edition 2 Year Protection
by tlendrum / August 13, 2011 11:53 PM PDT
In reply to: RE:

I cannot re-install the AVG 2011 as the disk only has licences for 4 computers i have already used 2 trying to install it on my laptop and need it for other computers in my home so i cant uninstall the one i have just installed. I have bought this AVG package and putting this software onto my home computer had no problems. When i installed the AVG 2011 2 year protection by the disk it left an icon on my desktop called avg_ipw_x8_all_2011_1153a3281 to complete the instillation i need to open this, which i have done so though the error message comes up saying "AVG-ERROR to complete the instillation please restart your computer system and try again"

Collapse -
RE: Can not re-install AVG 2011 Paid Edition 2 Year Protecti
by Dusan_AVG / August 14, 2011 12:15 AM PDT

Hello tlendrum,

AVG licences are not "used" when installing AVG.
You can simply completely uninstall AVG and reinstall it again using same license key.

AVG license for 4 computers means that you can uninstall / install it on different computers as many times as you want.
Only limitation is to have AVG running on maximum of 4 computers at the same time.

Installation from the disk uses older installation package, therefore I recommend to download new installation packages from our download site, as previously recommended.

Please proceed with full reinstallation instructions from my previous post.
If you are still unable to install, provide us with installation log files.

Thank you

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.