Avast & AVG forum

General discussion

AVG 2011 Dump Files

by oobist9 / January 6, 2011 5:51 PM PST

Does anyone know how to permanently stop AVG 2011 Free producing a lot of dump files in C:\ProgramData\AVG2011\Dumps. I found that I have accumulated more than 8GB. I have followed a thread somewhere, and it seems that AVG has not found a permanent solution yet. Someone might know how to do it. What I am doing now is to delete these DMP files regularly.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVG 2011 Dump Files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVG 2011 Dump Files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: AVG 2011 Dump files
by Ondrej_AVG / January 6, 2011 7:23 PM PST
In reply to: AVG 2011 Dump Files

Hello oobist9,

it is not possible to disable the dump generating in AVG 2011. Dumps are created due to crashed AVG process due to unknown condition or conflict with other application. Please make sure you are running latest AVG 2011 program version (10.0.1191) and you have checked used hard drive for errors. We need some of the generated dump files for closer analysis by our developers.

Could you please provide us with several dump files in an archive (zip file) through favourite online storage? (rapidshare.com, etc.)

Please post link to uploaded file(s) to your next CNET reply or open my CNET profile and send it in the personal message.

Thank you

Collapse -
AVG Dump Files
by oobist9 / January 6, 2011 9:39 PM PST

Ondrej_AVG,

My hard drive is perpectly clean of errors, as I check it very often. If there are conflicts with other applications or resources they do not show in any of the Windows 7 diagnostic tools, e.g. Device Manager. If it is of any help, I am running a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional, and AVG 2011 10.0.1191 version.

Below are copies of the most recent dmp files in C:\ProgramData\AVG2011\Dumps

https://rapidshare.com/files/441281903/avgwdsvc.exe_129384760991744962_F.dmp
https://rapidshare.com/files/441281001/avgwdsvc.exe_129384760991744962.exh

Thanks for the prompt response.

Collapse -
Re: AVG Dump Files
by Ondrej_AVG / January 6, 2011 9:52 PM PST
In reply to: AVG Dump Files

Hello oobist9,

analysis of provided dump has showed corrupted memory modules:

PROCESS_NAME: avgwdsvc.exe
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.
PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
BUCKET_ID: APPLICATION_FAULT_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE_BAD_IP_memory_corruption!avgwd

Could you please check used memory modules for any errors?

Then please reinstall/repair AVG installation (for sure) and inform us about actual situation.

Thank you

Collapse -
Ondrej_AVG
by oobist9 / January 7, 2011 10:19 AM PST
In reply to: Re: AVG Dump Files

Will do that ASAP. Thanks

Collapse -
AVG DMP Files, memory issues, and reinstall
by oobist9 / January 7, 2011 8:36 PM PST
In reply to: Ondrej_AVG

AVG,
Checked memory twice. It appears thare are not any problem. Reinstalled AVG 2011 Free, and so far no additional DMP files have appeared.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.