General discussion

AutoMotion Plus greyed out

When I purchased my LN55C750 it had AMP and I liked it.
My 3D emitter was recently repaired by a Local Samsung Tech and oddly now the AMP menu is greyed out. The Tech hit some wierd combination of buttons on the remote and went into a service menu. Besides that, all he did was remove the back panel and reconnect the wire to the emitter (which had come loose).
What are the requirements for the AMP menu to be highlighted? It is currently greyed out and set to off.

Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: AutoMotion Plus greyed out
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AutoMotion Plus greyed out
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
AutoMotion Plus greyed out

Blueball75,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your TV.

I'd recommend calling the service technician and reporting that this stopped working, as you noted, after it was serviced.

If you're not able to find resolve, post back here with your transaction number from the call to Samsung and let me know. While I can't promise a resolution, I can definitely have your situation reviewed. But dealing directly with the technician is the fastest (and probably best) way to resolve the issue quickly.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
AMP

AMP gets disabled when your input is labelled as any type of PC input, make sure it isnt and AMP wont be greyed out

- Collapse -
AMP

BINGO!

That was it! Any PC input will grey out Automotion. I had to set it to HDTV instead of PC.
I wonder why that is?

I did call the technician and Samsung support but neither mentioned that.

BIG BIG thanks!!

CNET Forums