Samsung forum

Question

Automatic dimming on TV UN40H6350?

by Yatusabe7 / January 26, 2015 9:23 AM PST

Hello everyone,

I have just received my Samsung UN40H6350 TV and the picture is amazing! There's just one thing that's really bothering me which I can't seem to disable.

The TV has this automatic dimming feature, which will lower the brightness of the screen when there are low light situations going on in the programming (for example, when people enter a dark room, entering a cave, or whenever the screen is predominately black, etc). Now this is actually quite frustrating when watching movies and just watching regular TV and I want to turn this feature off.

Some things I have tried, notes:

--- I have NOT set up the wireless networking, not really interested in the media hub (I have an Xbox One)

--- I have presumably turned off the Eco settings (Menu >> System >> Eco Solution >> Everything under here is OFF. The manual states to turn off Eco settings to eliminate the dimming

--- I have Dynamic Contrast set to OFF (Menu >> Picture >> Advanced Settings)

--- I have already factory reset the TV, even though I've only had it for around 5 days

--- I have it on Home Use (Menu >> Support >> Use Mode)

--- I am in the process of updating the Software Version via USB stick.

Please does anyone have any ideas??? Thank you!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Automatic dimming on TV UN40H6350?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Automatic dimming on TV UN40H6350?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
RE: Automatic dimming on TV Un40H6350?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 29, 2015 2:11 AM PST

Hello Yatusabe 7,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Have you tried disabling the Motion lighting? You can find this setting by going to Menu >> Picture >> Advance Settings>> "Motion Lighting".

Let me know if that helps!
Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
by Yatusabe7 / January 29, 2015 7:21 AM PST

Thank you for replying!

Unfortunately that Motion Lighting is not the culprit. When I went to check the settings, it was already OFF. I even tried turning it on and turning it back off, but the screen still automatically dims itself when it sees fit.

There must be a setting that I'm overlooking!

Collapse -
Re: Reply
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 30, 2015 12:11 AM PST
In reply to: Reply

Hello Yatusabe7,

I'm sorry to hear that. That is all the options that would cause the "dimming" if it is still continuing, this sounds like it may need servicing.

Here's the thread where you can get details on setting that up: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-542437/service-issues-click-here-for-help/

If you wish to continue with troubleshooting, I would recommend calling into Samsung and asking to speak with our Remote Management department at, 1 (800) 726-7864.

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?