General discussion

Automatic Changing of the Album Artist

Hello, my name is Mike and I've been using iTunes for quite some time. And for quite some time, this problem has been bugging me like crazy. Every once in a while (I think it's when I play the song or something) iTunes will change the Ablum Artists of some songs to artists I know aren't right. For instance, it keeps placing Photograph by Weezer in my Nickelback folder, and even thought the song's Artist is still under Weezer, the album artists keeps automatically changing to Nickelback, and apparently thats what iTunes organizes folders by.

It also has keeps changing some song by From Autumn To Ashes to some band named Bagman.

Yes, I do have "Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized" checked because I want it to keep it organized, I just don't want it to change my file information.

Any help is greaty appreciated, thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Automatic Changing of the Album Artist
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Automatic Changing of the Album Artist
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Maybe this

If you got the problem music files as mp3s from another source, they may have corrupted ID3 Tag information. I've run across the same issue now and again where you change the information and it looks correct, but as soon as you play the file you can see the information switch back to what was originally in the file.

Select the problem tracks, right-click and choose "Convert ID3 Tags...". For the ID3 Tag version, select "None" and click OK. This should remove any ID3 Tag info from the files. Do the same thing again and choose the latest 2.4 version for the ID3 Tags and click OK. This basically removes the old data and now places a newly formated ID3 Tag in the files. Update the information and you should be able to play the tracks without them reverting to incorrect information now.

- Collapse -
Thank you

Thank you for the response. I tried that method on 3 songs and tried it out. It did not autmoatically change it when I played it again or when I re-opened iTunes. So, so far it works, we'll see in about a week or two. Thanks a bunch =)

CNET Forums

Forum Info