Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

automatic audio clip converter?

Hi everyone, i'm looking for a program that does the following, lets say i have 100 audio files that are over 6 minutes in length -- if i wanted to automatically create 3 minute versions of the above file (so having the middle of the audio) what program can i use to have it do that on its own?

Andrew

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: automatic audio clip converter?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: automatic audio clip converter?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You can do that.

In reply to: automatic audio clip converter?

Collapse -
response to audio question

In reply to: You can do that.

are you saying you can write the batch file if an offer was made? im pretty good with technology, and i can prob try to figure it out on my own, but i dont see an argument in there for duration

http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/lame/lame/doc/html/switchs.html

basically would want 48kbps joint stereo mp3s, with the duration either being 2 or 3 minutes (assuming this can be changed by editing the batch file) on demand -- and the ability to do this unlimited times

Collapse -
No offer.

In reply to: response to audio question

Sorry if that was unclear. I handed you the tools to get the job done. Its similar to me seeing you by the side of the road with a flat but no lug wrench. I'm lending you a lug wrench but had to drive off to attend to other pressing matters.

The same thing here. All the instructions and tools are now in your grasp. Now all that's to see is if you will pick them up and used them.
Hope that clarifies the picture.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.